Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Am I really here for work? Hmmm... I find myself drifting once in a while. The workplace is like home and my officemates are walking helpdesks. It's so easy to get help here... I guess it's a Lexmark environment thing, but I feel that I am well supported here. This is definitely the land of the free... and there are so many choices. Just by walking down the aisles of Walmart, you'd already know what I mean. This is shopping, touring and entertainment heaven! There is such a thing as "road courtesy"... amen to that... and most of all the people here are very nice, warm and courteous... dunno with the big cities, but I could say this for this state. I'm in. Almost everywhere, people greet each other. When I wake up and go have my breakfast, I meet neighbors passing by telling me "How are you? It's a great day isn't it?" And when I reach home, neighbors go "How was your day? You can stop by our place for some milk and cookies." Only in the movies? Definitely not. Once you're new, you get that "culture shock" but after being here for nearly a month, it becomes part of your day and it truly makes my days great. When people smile and show concern, it truly blows off the worst of moods. Really! It's as if I am living in a near-perfect world. Close to perfect only 'coz that would mean bringing my whole family and set of friends here to experience all that I'm enjoying. *sigh Till here. Have to cook my dinner for tonight and my lunch for tomorrow as well. Take care peeps and I hope you're still visiting this website. Once I get my laptop, I'll be posting more often and with pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment