TAKING A GLANCE TO THE PAST
I know that many of you have stumbled on surveys that ask you a bunch of questions that yield results on just about anything ranging from your personality, your real age, to "what color are you?" ummm... say that again?
Well I chanced upon this survey that asks you a bunch of questions that makes you draw a comparison between who you are today and the ghost that was you 5 years ago. Lemme see how that went.
Freedom was something I desperately wanted. Today, "what was that I wanted... oh freedom? Define freedom." The definition of freedom 5 years ago is something that I now enjoy, except that I don't know what to do with it. Or maybe I just don't know how or what to do with it.
Amassing wealth is one thing. Enjoying every penny is another thing. Spending 30K on an iPhone will make me happy, seriously... for a month or so... and then I'd kick myself around town for spending a fortune on a device that makes calls, sends SMS, plays music, and can surf the internet. Steve Jobs would tell me it is the best buy and a must grab. Good that it comes 2008 still so I have yet to see whether wealth buys happiness. Y'all can debate over that one.
Friendships aplenty. People come and go. Even the best of friends go astray for the worst of reasons. And more often than not, only one thing causes it. And it's not a common object of affection contrary to common belief. But I'm not saying either that it can't happen. They say the poorest man is one who has no friends. Did my wish come true? More importantly, was I insane to wish such? Perhaps, coz it felt like Bill Gates suddenly went beggin' n d streets. Few close friends than a zillion acquaintances, definitely.
Healthwise... never been better. I never imagine I could grow fat with the metabolism I have. Double-decked quarterpounder with cheese, upsized fries and drink-all-you-can soda... buuurrrRRRp! Guess what, I'm doing sit-ups and crunches and sidebends to lose 'em love handles.
And one last thing, this place is getting smaller that it is choking me. I'd like to be an escape artist someday. One that pulls just one but legendary act. Awe inspiring isn't it!
No comments:
Post a Comment