Wednesday, September 12, 2007

QUESTIONS OF FATE

I know what you must be saying, "Why question fate? It's fate afterall." Yes, you are right! But for the sake of ruffling things up, I will question it nonetheless.

It's now September. BER months are here once more. I can recall it was April when I wanted it to be August. And now September is slowly creeping to its end.

It's been a straight road lately with barely any humps and bumps. This goes without saying that it is not my intent to find trouble or find reasons to rock the boat. Yet, almost everything is moving too slowly with time being the only exception to it. At times I question whether I'm wasting much of my precious youth's time... or whether I am too afraid to take risks that may take things to formula one speeds that I could barely handle... or better yet, I simply am oblivious to a better world for me... or worse, I am simply ungrateful of the blessings I have.

Questions of fate... questions like "What matters most to me at the moment?", "What should I do to meet the long term goals without missing the joys of pursuing the short term goals?", "Should I stay? or take that offer? or work for the family business? or get myself one that is my own?"

I've done my prayers seeking for guidance and most of all I've spent some time to think deep and discern what the Plan really is. Often it gets only more complicated, thus I take a step back and say "Live life as it comes by. Just one day at a time and you'll know what to do and you'll know where it leads you to... soon." And when I do, the message that comes back is, "Enjoy today as it is only the piece you have from the plan that is destined for you."

Profound yet vague. Perhaps I can live with that.

No comments: