Thursday, January 08, 2009

TO: 2009

The New Year brings forth a lot of hope and opportunities for many of us to better ourselves, to experience enriching relationships, to be showered with good health and prosperity, and most of all to strike that perfect balance we all need to achieve.

2009 begins with a dead certain uncertainty of what is to come a few months from now. Though we see the effects slowly unravelling before us, I would like to start the year with much hope that YES, we will all see better days. I believe that 2008's end was a wake up call for many of us to be grateful and appreciative of others and of God's blessings. I could not ask for a better yearender for 2008 than the 12 days I had just experienced. Those will be 12 days of spending quality time with the people I care most in this world. I've made my mistakes in the past and I believe that making ammends will take much more effort because friendship afterall is a 2-way street. I'm glad I got back the friend that I value the most, the one who knows me and understands me no matter what.

Looking back a year ago, I saw how my life has transformed as I have seen myself grow immensely with God's grace. I have done much with the wings that He has given me. My prayers have been answered and I have proven myself worthy that I can earn my own keep, something that I believe every man must be able to accomplish.

2009 is the Year of the Ox, a year where we must work extra hard to rid ourselves of the negative effects of fear, anxiety and hesitation. This will be a great year, one that brings about change in many facets of life. It will be a year of great opportunities and rewarding relationships. In a year's time, there will be many things to appreciate and be grateful for and the tone of such praise and gratitude will be the same as mine today or even better. Cheers to the New Year!

No comments: