Happy Birthday to my dear MOM!
Bought her a pink bag from my first salary. hehe She loved it.
T'was 10:20PM last night when I had the last sighting of my "Baby". T'was a nice meeting and a wonderful night. Had dinner at Il Sole and requested their staff to cook some of the dishes which are no longer in their menu, but have been my all time favorites (the Sole Ice Tea and the Tagliatelle ala Siciliana). Yan and Selle were there and I was happy to be talking with them and just being with them before the clock beams at me 5:00PM tomorrow. Said a few things, gave them a few things to remember me by, surprised my "Baby" with cut flora as what I'm fond of. Her reaction has always been consistent... a simple thank you and she uses it like a caveman's club to hit me once. hehe I will miss that one for sure.
Floating in heavenly bliss for the moment.
As I went to bed last night, I recalled the dinner and how much I wanted to keep the moment playing all over again... as if it were a broken record. I tried desperately hard to have a fixed image in my mind and then (in computer terms) "write it on memory". I wanted to remember them just the way they were. I hope they won't change (for the worse). I know I'll miss all my friends here in Cebu, especially those who went on my dispidida party, and most of all the one that this heart of mine still beats for. I don't think the USA or Pres. George W. Bush, for that matter, can ever change that in me.
I'm looking forward to the adventure that lies ahead. I know I'll be happy there and I've always wanted to live there someday... hopefully somewhere in San Francisco... bring my family and all I can take with me to live in such greener and verdant pastures. I guess this experience will definitely teach me a lot in deciding where I'd wanna live for the rest of my life. Cebu is paradise, but there's too much suffering I just couldn't stand looking at it. I'm helpless since I know it's due to the corrupt politicians. It breaks my heart. But I know it's still what I'd like to call HOME. I dunno. For what it's worth, this trip will be an adventure and will be a taste of how it is to live in the so called Land of the Free. Need to learn a lot from my mentors there. They are one of the best in their fields and being their apprentice surely beats taking a Ph.D. on my own.
Will blog next at a different gateway.
No comments:
Post a Comment