Monday, August 28, 2006

SIMPLICITY ISN'T AS SIMPLE AS IT IS DEFINED... (or is it?)
The definition of simplicity evolves as one moves from one stage in life to another. (does it?) To a child, simplicity might just be playing with toys, listening to bedtime stories as daddy or mommy tucks him to sleep, watching cartoons and perhaps just peeking out the window all day from his bed. To a teenager, simplicity might just be relating with family, seeing friends at school, studying or perhaps just reading a good book at home. To an adult, would all those still define simplicity? I would hope so. But from what I've experienced, I can't afford such simplicities. How much is it worth?

It strikes me that nowadays I ponder at what living a simple life means. I want one (who doesn't?) I occasionally converse with people trying to understand what living a simple life means to them. Are they happy... are they contented? Or do they say they are for the lack of knowing that life could offer them something better? Even if they are aware of that, do they say they are contented because they getting out of their comfort zone would be too much risk? Is there even a "better" or does wanting such contradict what contentment really means. I'm unsure whether I am living a simple life or whether I am having a complicated one... or much worse I complicate the simple life I already have. I think many would think (and I too think the same) that it's the latter. I dunno. Most often than not, I believe that I could do so much more but just don't know what I still can do. I think there is more but for the lack of knowing what lies ahead, all I can do is think "What else is there?" Maybe I just defined COMPLICATION instead of looking for the definition of SIMPLICITY. Curious, I am indeed.

No comments: