TIME CAPSULE
I visited www.timecapsule.yahoo.com The welcome splash screen never ceases to amaze me. Click on the small images that revolve on the sphere. Move your pointer around it and see how the world turns to your whim. Indeed, UI has gone a long way from green screens that use asterisks, commas, semicolons, etc to give viewers a more presentable interface.
Jonathan Harris' creation made me realize something that could have been in his mind prior to making this wonder. We are so used to viewwing time capsules as devices that transport us through time in an instant. Well, he must have thought that time nowadays flies too fast for us to remember stuff. So years forward would still pass as "in an instant" Well, this time capsule works. It just doesn't go forward though. But if we can go from green screens to UIs such as this, maybe transporting to the future might not be too far away. I think I need some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment