FRIENDSHIP: A Fragile Relationship
Sometimes words can be very powerful. A simple praise can fuel your entire week with self-motivating bliss. Hurtful ones on the other hand wound deeply and if neglected can turn to lifetime scars. Having lived in this place for more than 24 years now, I could say that it is a very small world indeed. Everyone's related to each other somehow, thus contributing more to the fragility of friendships.
In this wakeful night, my night cap seems not to be functioning as designed, so let's try blogging. Well instead of counting sheep, I'll try counting the friends I've made, the ones I lost in time, distance and circumstance, the ones that are silent on the side, the ones that are newly acquired, the ones that are at the borderline, those that need saving from a critically alarming state, the ones that need to be weeded out and the ones that I shall be meeting soon... I got lost counting.
And let's count too the true ones, the ones that preserve the truth in its rawest form, the ones that never judge me and simply take me for who I am, the ones that journey with me through the ups and downs of the wheel called life, the ones who are true to themselves and share their humanity with mine. I can count with 2 hands. (Of course I can!)
For what it's worth, I realized that it's not in how many friends you have made. It's in how many you treasure, keep and consider to be the best blessings from up above. Someone once wrote "Forgive sounds good, forget maybe not. They say time heals all things, but I am still waiting." I guess there is some truth there though I beg to differ on the "waiting" part. Nonetheless, we are all in need of some forgetting and forgiving. What's up with pride and today's modern fast paced world?
I guess when friends go separate ways we can only do so much as wish them well and treasure shared memories of and with them. The Reason-Season-Lifetime cliche.
No comments:
Post a Comment