STOLEN GLANCES
I saw you once more today, the year's first encounter. I saw you before. You were beside me, sleepy yet trying hard to keep smiling. You sang like your heart was leaping for joy and I never knew your voice was music to my ears. You were praying and so was I. You didn't know what I was praying for. I could only hope yours was like mine. You held my hand and I prayed that I'd be holding yours to forever. I was gone for a day and you suddenly went far, not knowing why I had to be away. I had you in my mind the whole time.
Today, you are distant and though you are within arm's reach, the fact remains that you are no longer beside me. I saw your eyes meeting mine. I was trying hard not to return it. I guess you have the most alluring eyes that I can't help but submit mine to them. I see you look my way, with a smile that I have forcibly trained myself to forget. I smiled back hoping that's all you could remember me by. I see you trying to reach out, yet you must know that I have my own reservations about it. I just like things done at the right context. That's me, just take it. I can't afford to be misunderstood... not in this world that gets smaller and smaller with each passing day.
I like to take photos, especially those of you. My eyes have the best lens ever and with my memory, I can store you up there for ages hoping that even if that's all I have, I could brave the worst storms in my life. I guess that is one amazing power of a woman. And you must acknowledge that.
I wish you well and if our roads cross again, I sure would have learned my lesson that indeed, a day could spell eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment