BEING PREPARED
Nothing else brings me more comfort than this. I believe and have to admit that being prepared for almost anything reduces the amount of happiness I could ever have at the palm of my hands. Yet, I have embraced the ideology that too much of anything is not good. I'm trying desperately hard to balance things and do away with the extremes to which I have been so accustomed to by natural force - extremes to which I was uberly blessed or inversely cursed beyond prayers. I've seen time and again that extremes on one side could never have existed without extremes on the other. I've come to appreciate bits and pieces of every experience that comes my way... to take baby steps so to speak. Though I don't get as much joy as I used to have when I lived with reckless abandon, I've also been able to cope gracefully with the extremes on the negative front.
I believe this has been my way of not having to learn the adage, "Patience is a virtue," the hard way. There's always a simple path to take to make life a little bit more less complicated. It has been comforting to be able to categorize bliss and misery as time-bound. Every day is a new opportunity to make it better than yesterday, every minute and every second, a chance to raise the bar a notch closer to achieving a life well lived.
No comments:
Post a Comment