Monday, May 14, 2007

ANGELS AMONGST US

In this dog eat dog world, there are still quite a few of them, I should say. I'm trying to understand this habit of mine whereby I question the intentions of people's words and actions. People have a term for it, but let's save it for them to coin me such. I think I read too much of an article regarding body language. In my quest to enhance my skill of effectively communicating both verbally and non-verbally, I've been extensively surfing the internet for articles pertaining to dealing with unpleasant or awkward situations. making unpopular decisions, etc and given those cases, how to communicate something properly, politely and respectfully, without losing the very essence of the message. Sometimes, it is just in the choice of words or in the manner with which a message is delivered. How to get the message across without ruffling emotions or having the intent misunderstood is my goal. I need this for the office, as well as with the world outside of it.

And in this quest of mine, I've recognized those individuals whom I'd like to call Angels. They simply do good things with kindness and generosity as their only intent. And from the stats, most of them are those whom have been blessed a lot in life and as such are more inclined to be more generous with the overflowing pot of blessings. It's truly a sight to behold. I guess being still at the receiving end of it, I am still milestones away from reaching that condition.

No comments: