Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Of Patience and Will Power

It's that time once more to be in the eye of the storm. For days, it will be quiet, like I'd be paid to sit and keep my chair warm. And after this phase comes to pass, it will be the moment to brave the waves ahead armed with nothing but a compass that seems to point North.

There are times I question the rate at which I go through phases in life. I think I am not that patient of a human being as I'd hope to see myself to be. At times, the thing I've been waiting for comes when I have already changed my heading. And so it highlights the power of the will, the power to choose and the assurance that somehow the road ahead leads me to better fields, better than what I would have been waiting long for. I guess time waits for no man, and likewise I do not wait for things that take too much time. It goes back to my impatience, but then again I am given just this amount of time in this one life that I have. And I cannot afford to waste it.

And so I move, without asking why or to where. All I know is that I'm moving, with luck, forwards.

No comments: