Thursday, October 16, 2008

Curtain Call

With you, I can always speak my mind - no filters, no pre/post processing, no excuses, no mind games. You get the rawest form of thought that comes to my mind. WYSIWYG. I believe that is something that is given only to a select few. With you, I will always be just myself. Not the John that I wear to the office, nor the John at parties, not even the John I keep at home. With you I will always be myself, the one I keep in private, the one that is free and truest to form.

I'm now taking you to a string of parties and that's where we'd stay. I will take some hors d'ouevres, add in a glass of champagne, and maybe take a light outdoors to make more friends as many people have made with just striking a lighter or a match. And maybe as friends pass by I will introduce you to them, and they to you. We'll laugh with them, make small talk, exchange stories in our pursuit to keeping up with the times. Occasionally, we'd listen to talk that just goes straight right through the other ear, and we'd just nod and exchange smirks and fake smiles, because that is just what you want or what others would want - the affirmation that they've been heard, listened too, empathized, and that we are all in agreement. The world is intolerant towards what goes against it. And that's how it is gonna be, because that is how it has become. We all just want to feel good knowing that we are all in agreement. And it shall be like that, till all that neglected truth inside will consume us like a cancer that rots the bone.

I guess that arrangement is much better than being invisible, though I can and I have done so perfectly with many. I can provide a list of ghosts if that fancies the horror junkie or spirit questor in you. You know how I feel, and to ignore it would be missing the very essence of what we both share. I'm sorry but I cannot ride on with this masquerade show you are trying to host, pretending as if things are just the same as just the way they have been. I refuse to enlist into your cast as an actor masquerading as the one the damsel in distress always runs to. That is not even a role I would want to be in knowing that it is all but Shakespearean theater to you, Director. I have grown up to know that my role is with the real world. And such role in the real world is so beautiful and sacred that immitating it in some play would be a sacriledge.

I cannot be anything else other than myself, because that is who I chose to reveal to you. Doing otherwise would make a fake out of me, a fiction character like those in children's books. So, I'm taking you to a children's party. I'll suit up first and I can go along with you if you want to play mommy and daddy with the kids. I'm sure it will be fun. I'm alright if you want to tag this as Act One. No dialogues for me, okay? Just plain acting.

No comments: