ANONYMITY
No one wants to be a nobody. It's 3 freakn o clock AM here and what have I got to say this time. I just came from a game of DotA (I can't believe I got myself fixated to this) and I was about to hit the sack when I decided to check my mailbox. As if I don't have enough email in my office mailbox, I had to read those that come to my personal online pigeon hole. Life is indeed one big wheel. You see the contrasts of how people are living their lives. Up and down, round and round it goes. I've realized that most, if not all, that we do is to be somebody. Whether to be somebody means being somebody else or being our own ideal image. The fact remains that we all live our daily lives to be uniquely defined of some sort according to what we perceive ourselves ought to be.
This mundane existence so to speak is nothing more but a reflection of Achilles' quest - a name to echo for a thousand years. You realize that each one has quest to follow. One cannot say for sure that the weallthy are blissful, nor can you say that the smiles before you are true as they are. Neither can you say that the poor are dumb (Someone said that it takes a lot of intelligence to survive with nothing. I totally agree!), nor can you say that the weeping are doomed to cry oceans. No one stays there for long, because we all do something to change the state we are in. With each rise and fall, we learn something and that serves as another pebble to the castle that is our destiny. Everybody wants to be somebody or at least wish to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment