THE CRUSADE OF OUR TIMES
"There is a lot of intelligence in being able to survive with nothing."
- spoken by a comedic European sponsor of Gawad Kalinga in an assembly to promote GK777
This statement was made by one sponsor who humored a crowd to solicit funds for GK777. I really had to process the depth of that statement to extract the underlying truth behind the humor. Today I watched a video clip shown by the company as part of how we give back to the communities we live in. It was an inspirational video of how GK777 has silently given light to those in the dark. The term was derived Gawad Kalinga's plan to build 700,000 homes in 7,000 communities in 7 years.
And here's the icing to the cake:
"As a friend of mine helped me drive a nail deep into the coco lumber into the cement block. It took us 15 minutes to get that nail in. All sweaty, I realized that we were building a house for someone else. What about my own house? (Audience laughs) But then I thought to myself, They have nothing and I have given them a house. But I still have my best asset, my education (points to his head)"
- spoken by a co-employee as he recounts his experience as a voluteer for GK777
Would that merit an applause from you? Would you perhaps have the same realizations? It's all about perspective and how we define what is "valuable" to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment