KOREA
Anyeong haseyo!
I should visit Korea someday and add their flag as a badge to the list on the right.
I just came from an endurance test given to me by my crawling-turtle-of-an-internet-speed as I watched a film over www.crunchyroll.com What would have taken an hour plus took me nearly 4 hours to finish the film. And to the disappointment of my ISP's peak usage capacity of providing less than 0.1% of the 8Mbps bandwidth I am paying for, I managed to forego the feeling of being short changed simply because the film was aaabsoooluuuutelyyy worth a second viewing.
I miss watching Korean movies. Call them Koreanovelas, if there is such a word. I guess a "word" is a word if it can be Googled. Yes, that's a word too.
I find these films entertaining. I enjoy the level of humor that emerges at the least expected moment, like a thrilling, unpredictable suspense brought by a heart-stopping horror flick. And I laud the crafty manner by which the writers inject the depth and seriousness of the subject matter into the scenes while maintaining a light and bouncy cinematic experience. The films give me a good laugh as it also rocks me to my very core with its deep understanding of the human condition.
It's nearly 3AM and I am still so charged up after the film to be able to blog about it. I'll hit the sack now. It's back to reality in 6 hours.
2 comments:
Hey, just stumbled across your site. Hope you don't mind. Anyhoo, I can't believe you watch Koreanovelas. But then again, I can't believe I do too. Hehe =) Good read!
Hi Canence! Welcome to my blog. Musta?
Uhh, what's with me that makes you think I'm not the kind who watches Koreanovelas? In fact, I loved Sassy Girl very much ;)
Post a Comment