Thursday, April 29, 2004

Tuesday's Post
Work again (as usual) at 8AM. Got busy as more loads of work are given to us. My boss asked us to do overtime in the afternoon, but because of yesterday's half-day work, I thought it would be a trend for the week and so I committed myself to watching a movie with Rouselle at 11. And so I just promised my boss to return to work at 3:00. So instead of 1:00 to 5:00, I worked from 3 to 7, just in time for the video conference at 7:30 with our Lexmark counterparts in the U.S.

And so at 11:30, I rushed from the office to the just-nearby Ayala Center. Was kinda late (sorry Selle) 'coz I had to talk to my boss, who was kind enough to allow me to have an extra long lunch break. 'Twas a good thing my request could be accomodated on short notice since my boss who is a SHE also had other engagements for the afternoon, and since she didn't have much work for us in the afternoon and since afternoon work is overtime work (thus not obligatory), I was able to extend it till 3PM.

Love Actually was a nice movie. Love actually is everywhere... hmmm... 'Twas a British movie so I definitely loved the dialogues in British accent! And with British accent comes actors like Hugh Grant and what's his name... forgot. They could have also put Hugh Jackman to be part of the cast... but well, at least they placed Rowan Atkinson there... who showed his face for barely 10 minutes of film... hehe. My jaw went wide open at the character Juliet... I think the actress' name is Keira Knightley... she's so pretty! Newest IDOL!!! The film is one that I would call a Happy Film. Happy films are those that give you happy thoughts and make you feel good and feel as if the world is still perfect as you exit the movie house... kinda like adding endorphins directly to your brain... hehe

It was a nice movie experience with my movie mate Rouselle. During the movie, the scenes of London by Christmas made us talk about her would-be migration to the US in a year's time... unless of course she gets to find a reason to stay in this God-forsaken land where movie actors get to be elected president. Hahaha!... no pun intended. Maybe after graduation and if Lexmark would absorb me to their workforce then perhaps we could meet again in the U.S. during our Lexmark Training at Lexington, Kentucky... hmmm. I could probably not return here and instead work at the Lexmark Headquarters in Lexington. That would be a nice plan for the year to come... I guess that could clear my confusion as to what to do or to be after graduation. No more teaching for me... masters program could be "care-of-company expense" and as to the rest, what could the dollar not pay for... right? Hmmm... Chicago and Kentucky couldn't be that far... I guess.

Wednesday's Post
I was out from work at 5PM. Had to do overtime to keep work from piling up. Wasn't able to attend Marie's birthday treat at La Mare and bowling at Bowlingplex at 3, 'coz naturally I was busy enjoying my work. So at 5, I went to the mall to buy Marie a bag at Girbaud, the cost of which was split by all the guys in the barkada. Hehe... sorry but during summer vacation, budget is rather tight. We then had dinner at Roma Mia Pizza at Ayala, Jed's treat. Jed's birthday is today April 29 and Marie's will be tomorrow. They sorta did a double birthday bash. Lendel attemted did a practical joke which wasn really funny to us but not to Adrian. He tried to bump Adrian who was in the way of the parking spot. Bump a little supposed to be, but the LITTLE bump turned to a "ran over" when Lendel was unable to control the automatic-shift Pajero... resulting in the front wheel sideswiping Adrian's left leg... causing him to limp the whole time... from the bowling activity to dinner to our hangout at Bo's Banilad. Hahaha! A ran-over rat! I dunno if it's something to laugh at, but I just can't help laugh at the stupid bloopers some people could make themselves do.

I'll post something later after office time, since my short break is now up.

No comments: