A Test of Willpower
It is oftentimes important to test how far you can go in keeping your word... or reigning in your horses when you have been accustomed to doing something that's actually getting you nowhere. Try new things, ditch the old routine and start anew.
In the past, I've been asked of a cure for an addiction; be it alcoholism, smoking, gambling and even the urge of swiping that credit card. Yeah, that's an addiction alright, not to mention the effects it has on your financial well-being (unless you and Paris share the same dad).
A low cost solution is not a trip to the therapist nor to the bookstore. A NO-COST solution is found just within you. Willpower. You actually become creative when you fight back an urge. A friend of mine transitioned from Absolut! to Mudshake to hot chocolate. Amazing! The trick in managing bad habits is to exactly know how far you can go till you say you've lost control. That's why it's tolerable to be a social drinker/smoker/gambler... seasonal shopper (Sale!). Though totally not being one is best... but we are humans and sometimes our minds tell us that things like these make us more human. Dare ask a drunk for a litany of reasons why he loves the state he is in. You'll get more than what I've just mentioned. So it's all about drawing the line. Knowing how far you can go with something and whether you are still able to say "I'm getting bored with this. It's about time I quit."
So today, I'm letting go of one nasty habit. Let's see how I fare. I know I'll be successful. That's step 1.
No comments:
Post a Comment