Finally I can take 2 days off from project making, council work and work from the Dean!
Been so busy and at least for today and tomorrow I could get some much needed rest. I was listening to a friend of mine this afternoon talk of his would-be firing squad encounter tomorrow. The way I see it, he's in for something not so pleasant, but I could only hope for the best for my dear friend. Looking at how he's been acting today makes me feel thankful that I'm free of such things. Feb 14 to me will just be an ordinary day. Why should it be any bit different from other days.... Tomorrow, I'll be going to Main for the interview sa T.O.L. wismilak!
Anyway, here's the much sought after piece "Tongues On Fire". Hope you peeps like it, and till here 'coz I wanna hit the sack as early as now. Thanks to those who cared for my condition. When I'm stressed out, I can sometimes be totally absent from myself and appear dumb and numb.... hehe Enjoy V-Day.
TONGUES ON FIRE
Today is not my birthday, so please don't greet me just because I'm wearing RED. And if I happen to be wearing this same shirt during Valentines Day, please don't assume that I'm in love. It would be much safer if you'd assume that I'm wearing RED to perhaps attract some "still-not-taken prospects".
Now I am here to speak of love, a kind of love that transcends from various languages. How am I supposed to do just that? How could someone who hasn't experienced this kind of love speak from experience, much more make it sound funny? I certainly can't at this point, so perhaps I better shut up, just tickle your funny bones and give the floor to someone else, but I guess if I'd spend my next 3 minutes or so... boring you... perhaps I could gain some "vital information" from your facial expressions. So I'll be watching.
When I think of love, I remember my Bahraini classmate in French class way back in AdMU who once told me that love is more "amorous" when it is done the French way - try doing the French kiss. Need I say more? My friend also taught me this line "Je taime tu est la plus belle fille sur le monde", which means, "I love you. You are the most beautiful girl in the world." How about that! Certainly sounds more affectionate than, "Mahal kita", "Watashino ai shiteru des", "I LAB U" and certainly more appropriate than "Miss, miss, pwede mag ila ila" *laughs But hey, sometimes it works though.
We can catch ourselves laughing and smiling when we reminisce at love's funniest moments - those moments when we were too shallow to hold on to a hope which was never there or too "torpe" to even ask our special someone, "Can I walk you home and make it a walk to remember?" If you haven't found love, wait and be patient with it. It could only mean one thing: that someone is out there tonight looking at the moon thinking of you. Remember, he/she can't be too far away. After all, we're all under the same starry sky. If you like someone, tell her about it. Say it and be sincere. No playas around hear yo. A simple "Wo ai ni." will do. No need to insert those "Ummms, ahhhs" 'coz we all know that those are... non-words! If you have someone to call your "hunny bun", "munchkin"... *read fast: blueberrycheesecakeapplestrudelpie, then cherish those moments. That person beside you could be the mother or father of your future children.
Love is too serious a thing to laugh at. Many have soaked a million pillowcases over that someone who broke their heart or that someone who simply got away. A lot of hydrochloric acid has been dispensed to create that mouth-bubbling Cali effect. The Marcelo Fernan Bridge is a tourist spot for the hottest sport in town: bunjee jumping. And we all know for sure that Danding Cojuangco is wealthy, thanks to your countless purchases of Red Horse at Skolpad *read fast: thisisapaidadvertisementSkolpadislocatedacrossUSCTCCampus. Openfrom9AMto4AM. Love, love, love... all in the name of love. I'm sure February 14 should now be coined as: *act like The Rock: "INTERNATIONAL FIRING SQUAD DAY" Hope to see you there and I'll be watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment