First day after Christmas and I'm already starting to drift away to heaven... I need to buy a heavier anchor after all. Is this some form of "pahabol" to make me say that 2003 was indeed a great year? Hmmm... whatever the answer to that question is, the fact still remains... I can't sleep due to extreme happiness.
Haaaayyy... This afternoon, I was at the mall with a friend of mine... Knew each other since high school BGE with STC and it's just now that our roads crossed again. I just hope that this crossing would make it THE crossing. Please make it so... if not, then... I'll just enjoy being with the wrong ones first... as how a friend of mine would put it... Went around Ayala helping her look for a birthday gift for her Di-chie. We were looking for a Finding Nemo stuff animal her sister liked, but it seems someone already bought it perhaps as a gift for the Holidays. So we looked around for another gift and so... here comes once again my natural affinity for jewelry... dunno why it always happens this time of the year... It's one of those bead-type bracelets. I chose it and my friend liked it too. This is what I inherit from all those numerous shoppings with mom where I have to decide which is nicer... this or that?... And that includes ladies' wear... hahay... A diploma for AB Fine Arts Major in Fashion Design and Major in Interior Design wouldn't be too far with this "job" I have to take on.
After our brief shopping, we parted ways to have dinner elsewhere. She with her friends and me with my family. We'll meet up again anyway after dinner. I had dinner at Cafe Adriatico @ Crossroads with our BIG family and then had dessert at La Marea. Didn't have any dessert 'coz I'm watching my sugar intake for the holidays... with all the brownies, cookies and other pastries stuffed in the fridge. So after dinner, I went to play bowling and billiards at Bowlingplex together with my hi-skul buddies Fritz, Brian, Ryan, Michael, Neil and Adrian. And then, my friend and 3 of her other friends arrived namely Jana... yeah that's Jana Salvador... Abigail & Michelle (funny names come to think of it right Mangks? but it's not THEM) We stayed at Bowlingplex till 12. Got dropped off by Fritz at StarMart. Asked mom to extend my curfew by 20 minutes... and I got an OK to that.
Yipee... Then had the nicest chat at StarMart alone with... Our chat got drastically cut off since I barely had a minute of curfew extension... so we crossed the street and rode on a cab at the corner of Foodland. T'was such a shame I didn't have a car to bring her home. Darn it. And what's worse, she insisted on paying for the cab even if I insisted that she just take my 100 peso bill and to keep the change or perhaps surprise me with something using the change. Ok, fine! Maybe it's a girl thing that they'd like to serve and help people... (Got that theory from RTP... right Mangks?... mwehehe... peace yo!) So the cab just had to fill in till I get my own Ferrari in 10 year's time. The cab dropped me off at the guardhouse of our village and brought my friend to her house at Silver Hills. Asked her before disembarking the cab to text me when she reaches home. After 10 minutes, I got a text from her "I'm home na. =)"... plus a nice good night message. Wow! What a way to end the night! And still I can't sleep 'coz our chat continues tomorrow (that's if I have no unexpected errands... Leslie could attest to how my time can go from zoom to poof... *pffft)... maybe at Starbucks... definitely my treat this time.
Surreal but nice... The pessimist in me senses something wrong's bound to happen. But I read this article in a magazine which said, "Pessimists will often be right, because they keep touch with reality. But it's the optimists who will accomplish more and live longer." I'm trying so desperately to be the latter.
No comments:
Post a Comment