Monday, December 08, 2003

I badly need to take a breather, so I'll blog.

No classes today, but it's free days like these that I dread. When school is off, my workload multiplies. My mom woke me up from slumber this morning and told me that the car's aircon wouldn't chill. Checked the connections and guess what?... the car ran out of freon... there's this big leak in the evaporator, so without freon, the whole aircon system crashes. Had to drive the car all the way to Mandaue to have it fixed in the Mitsubishi service center.

When the car goes to the shop, problems multiply... not only do they multiply, they exponentiate to the infinith degree. I was dropped at Ayala by Mitsubishi's service vehicle and then from there, I rode on our delivery van to my Si-ee's house. Went to her house to take some of our furnitures which were stored there for years and transport them to our house. Lifted a lot of boxes and an entire sala set with only one of our employees to assist me, since the others had so much more important work to do. Did all these without having breakfast or lunch due to the very tight schedule. I was supposed to drive the pick up, while our employee was to watch the furnitures at the open back of the pickup. Guess what.... I left my driver's license in our car at the shop... just my luck. So the employee was the one driving and there I was at the back of the pickup all the way from Mabolo to our house, enduring the burning heat of the sun at high noon. I now know how an egg feels when it's being cooked. On the brighter side, it was a nice ride. I could feel the wind rushing through my face... as if I were driving a convertible... yeah right, dream on.... maybe in 20 year's time perhaps.

So when we reached home, had to unload everything... it was like doing the same job twice. My shirt was all drenched in sweat. Upon seeing lunch food on the table, I ate like there was no tomorrow... manners all lost... hehe. Afterwards, I took a 15-minute rest, took another bath, changed clothes and had myself dropped at Ayala. Upon reaching our store, Amparito Lhuillier and some of the Kastilas were there, so we were busy entertaining them... I was kinda happy when they commended our chicken and leche flan... hehehe. My day just blossomed right at that instant...

The afternoon then became a drag... (It's so hard to keep me still in one place...) So I went to City Sports... supposed to sit by the pool and recline and nap on those sundecks... but I don't know what went into my mind such that I ended up at the gym. I was really tired, but maybe I just wanted to finish myself off right away and drain myself out of energy completely. I was thinking that if I get really drained out, it would be easier for me to sleep tonight. It's been a week of workout missed due to school pressure. It's about time I got back to the act. Besides, with the Holidays fast approaching, I better burn more fat... with the lechons, roasted calfs and tons of Christmas party invitations (currently 7), it wouldn't be a surprise if you peeps would find a pig walking around Ayala any time soon... that would be me. Hehe... besides, I don't wanna waste all those pinaghirapan muscles just by laziness. It's not easy to get at this point without self control and discipline, so gotta maintain it well... Hmm... Leslie and Diane will be having a party next next week... better have those washboard abs in time for the pool party... yipee... I'm such a party animal!

So after 2 hours of workout, I decided to visit Bo's Coffee Club to have my usual hot chocolate on a ceramic mug. It's been a long time since I visited Bo's due to the Starbucks preference that I get drawn into. Starbucks is of superior brand, but I guess Bo's is of better value for students like me who still doesn't earn to finance my expenses. It's still my parent's money I'm spending... and sometimes when I spend a lot, I kinda feel guilty spending the money I really didn't sweat out to earn. Anyway, as I went into Bo's, I met someone I haven't seen for 4 years... "X" marks the spot... get it??? Talked to her for a while since she was waiting for a friend of hers. She has this major problem she shared to me. Wanted to help her really, but family problems have never been my forte... I'm still embattled with mine... besides, I think it's that kind of problem where only she could solve it... We've gone through it before and it's been 4 years from that time and still she hasn't surpassed it... It was that same problem that broke us off. Been there, done that. I don't include "would-be" in-laws in the courtship thing... It's just me and the girl.

Something funny happened while at Bo's. While we were talking, Michelle and Mercy entered Bo's. Nanagad si Mercy and si previously #1... hahaha! After Mercy's very perky greeting, Miss Y ("X") commented "Pretty lagi friend nimo in blue." She was reffering to Michelle... These words came out of my mouth so tactlessly, "Aba, syempre pretty jud, 'coz I used to have a crush on her. Taga-Pharma na cya... dean's list #1" Uhh... after a few seconds, I thought "Hey, that did not sound right." Am I right? I saw Miss Y's reaction and I could tell that she wasn't so happy about it. Was I harsh to do react that way? I didn't do it intentionally naman... it just came out... I don't think I was harsh to say that... I must have just said what I felt at that moment... It might seem insensitive now as I ponder it, but it was the truth... As what I said, harsh is not in my vocabulary... maybe the right term would be "brutally frank"?

Afterwards, I went to do my usual supervisor-job around the mall... hehe. Saw this very nice polo shirt at Mossimo... Nice white cloth material with prints of small "+" mouse icons... It looks like the mouse icon that shows when you move a window... PhP 1,590. Quite expensive... but I really want it. I dunno if I could buy it with all the manito-manita exchange gift rites around. Two in school and another one still being planned within the family. My wallet's gonna be nagging me again this time of the year.

Anyway, so I'm now home with 2 program assignments to finish by 7:30AM tomorrow. Thanks to our CompE teacher who didn't teach us well, we have to troubleshoot our programs via phone and as of this moment, we're passing to each other our revised programs via the internet. Thank God for the internet, I dunno what I'd accomplish without it. Hmmm... many people are doing Friendster already. I just spoke of being a Friendster user this afternoon and it seems that as I open my Friendster account now, someone has requested to be added... hmmm... hahaha! Ang bilis naman... Enough said, my short break has been overly extended and now I'll have to go back to the bluescreen editors.

No comments: