Friday, January 02, 2004

January 1: New Year's Eve
Every New Year's Eve I get to cook something new. This year it's Apple Pie. Plus I get to open this year's Asti Martini Champagne.

Today
I spent my afternoon at Bo's with my SHS-B batchmates who are now working in Manila. It was nice hearing their stories about their workplace in Makati. Their jobs are quite interesting... the pay isn't that different from those jobs you'd find in Cebu, maybe just one or two thousand difference... but one thing common they had to say was that Cebu life is less complicated than that in Manila. They said that though they could find the best stuff in Manila, life in Manila is fast, cost of living is higher, the traffic is bad and life in general is more complicated. My mind drew a thought bubble for a while and wondered if I'd want to live a life like that. I'm used to living a fast life, but complicated???... hmmm... I'd love the challenge, but when it comes to life, this year I swore to make my life less and less complicated... hmmm...

By the way, FYI, Miko Sotto was buried today. It was just today that I learned the cause of his death. Fell from his condominium unit. No, not suicide, he just went out of balance in the balcony and fell. What a senseless death. Seeing the wake via GMA, I felt sad for his parents, his brother Chino and the GF he left, Angel Locsin.

I'm now composing a Friendster testimonial... seems like it's hard to write a little something about others if you've been with them for quite a while and have so much to tell. Hmmm... writer's block again... my cure for this is a dose of tech trance music. I'm listening now to this nice track I just found. It's entitled "Never" by the Roc Project featuring Tina Arena... I like the chorus. It goes something like "You never hear me crying. You never see me trying to love you once again. Your love is so Past Tense". bwahahaha! I love that line in bold letters. Very appropriate! Nice beat and nice vocals by pop star Tina Arena. I never knew pop stars make great vocalists in trance music. If you peeps find CDs or tracks with pop artists singing in trance music tracks, please let me know.

No comments: