Yesterday, we had a very successful outreach activity with the kids housed by the Cebu City Task Force On Streetchildren. We had short games with them in the morning. Thanks to Gary's star quality, the programme was taken cared off and the kids had fun! From the foundation, we took the 17 kids to SM to have lunch with them at Majestic. I decided to teach the kids a little something Chinese... so I taught some of the kids how to use chopsticks... then Van and the rest followed, and I saw around 5 kids eating using the chopsticks! Amazing how fast they learned how to use them. Hehehe... Afterwards, we went to the SM Department Store to buy them the things they wanted. Some bought shirts, blouses and pants, while most of them craved for shoes. Some of the kids wanted shoes worth 300 pesos and up but our budget was just somewhere 200 each. So we had to budget the money and choose the affordable ones for them. If only we had more money, we would gladly give them what they wanted, but sad to say we didn't. Well, they were happy with what they got. Thanks to the other officers there with me like Vanessa, Stanley, E-Pay, Canence, Tonette, Emans and Ramon, we were able to give them good quality stuff at prices that didn't overshoot our budget. All in all we spent around 6,000 pesos with just 40 pesos left. It was a fun-filled day and we definitely had a good time with the kids. It was nice seeing them smiling with their SM bags on one hand.
Realizations: It's fun to be a kid. Even if you are a POOR kid, it's still fun to be a kid. You can whine and end up getting what you want... you can give out a smile that can wash off worries on the faces of adults, and most of all people care for you no matter what. I wonder why and wonder what purpose there is that I had to grow up!
Back to the program... After our outreach, I reached Ayala very much drained. So I went to Starbucks to relax and chat with Leslie, Dianne, Kris, Mary Ann and Dondon. I ordered a Belgian Pegi Waffle and thanks to the barista who was my friend, Romaine, I got lots of caramel syrup sprinkled over an extra thick whipped cream. Hehehe...
At around 6:30, I left the group to have dinner with family at Tsai Tea Salon. Had their Chinese Paella which was very spicy... love spicy food! Reached home at 9:30 and I hit the sack. Woke up in the middle of the night at around 3:00. I'm having a bad case of interrupted sleep... perhaps a special isolated case of insomnia... I tried to sleep, but my mind just kept on thinking stuff. So I decided to divert my thoughts to designing my new template. Slept back at around 6AM and woke up 10AM. Went to mass at City Sports Club and took my first communion in 5 years. =)
Had lunch at home as usual with the big family, then continued my work on my new template for the rest of the afternoon. I'm now done with it, but still looking for a site that can host images and at the same time provide daily bandwidth for website linking. I'm so tired now. I'm just tired and suffering from fatigue. I don't know why, but this could be caused by a sudden pile-up of stress. Well, I'm tired of making my own plans and suddenly find out that my plans are not synchronized with His. I'm tired of the same old game and I throw it back to Him... same goes for my midterm exams next week. I'll study upto what my mind could absorb. I could only hope that my instructors will go easy on us in the exams and not pound our brains to sawdust.
Just came home from watching Lord of The Rings. What a loooong movie... clocked in at 3 hours 20 minutes. Very nice story, touching and lots of lessons to learn about life and just bout anything. I like watching movies about knights, archers and mages. I like movies like this... kinda spares me from reading the book version... hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment