FUTURISTIC??? (I finally got a cue on what title to give this post)
I've been thinking a lot lately. Thinking stuff like... am I cut out to be some kick ass career person? or/and am I cut out to be some aggressive businessman? Sensee the tone? All WORK!!! hehehe Well, I've been thinking a lot lately in terms of how I plan to bridge my career with the businessES I soon would like to have like rings to my finger (coz I don't think THE ring on THE finger matters anymore to me as of this moment... like I said "Can't afford!!! and being of the male specie, I shouldn't be too concerned about it? Likely so."). I've given it some thought and I see my link in getting my hands dirty on L.A.M.P. and hopefully if I get to build the bridge right, I could be well off with operating businesses like goldmines and my career would be soaring with mastery in SAP technologies. Proof enough that dreaming is for FREE. hehehe Current status of this plan would be like a Filipino (still in the Philippines) wanting to climb Mt. Everest all the way from its foot to its apse with barely any mountain climbing skills. With a year in firmware, and with my TL leaving the company, I realized that there is really no physical evidence of ones work since code is totally proprietary in firmware. My worth and marketability would most likely be measured in terms of years of experience. But when you develop business software, you can proudly add to your resume that this company and that company runs its operations and sales using software you developed or you co-developed. Plus with my plan, our family business gets to be benefited and I can control/monitor different aspects of the business via software that I created/co-created.
It's so pathetic to think that I don't know how to develop software for our business... considering the fact that I graduated as a computer engineer and I am curtrently developing firmware for an international firm. I feel like wanting to make a 180 turn... without actually knowing what I am up against.
Some may ask why the sudden focus... I myself don't know. My mind is once again thinking BIG... too BIG maybe. Probably because there was practically nothing to do in the office today. If this goes on tomorrow, then I'd know that this could be something... if not then this could just go down as another brain fart. Ugghhh... people keep telling me I look too far into the future. I just can't get the world that's right infront of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment