Wednesday, January 10, 2007

SERIOUS PLANS

It's been so many months now that I've been looking for an outlet to spend time on outside normal work. And it seems to me that after so much searching, it still boils down to... yes... doing more work... but at least it is some work that will benefit the family business as well as expand my programming skill set... and at the same time realize how software costing is really measured.

Tonight, three friends (from high school and college) invited me to have dinner with them. We spoke for 4 hours. They talked of having me setup a team of developers to develop some custom software for their business. And once it is made, they will sell customized versions of that software to their clients who buy hardware (PCs and PC components) from them. Looks like a good plan to me... and at least this is one plan that I have a little bit more knowledge of above the other plans that other friends have proposed for months. I think this triad is serious on what they want to achieve and I am inclined to take part of it outside my normal workhours. The good thing is that we are in agreement that it should be strictly project-based, not payroll. It will be good for us to keep our jobs and have this on the side (but still darn serious enough to merit the attention on weekends and weeknights). I think I have the extra time since it's been just office and home for me for months now. So there. I hope this plan soars or else it will just be another one of those plans that died before they were even born.

No comments: