ROLLING
My inbox was flooded with emails this morning. Spent an hour reading through the notes. It seems Americans started work January 3rd and there's no such thing as New Year inertia for them. And so things started rolling in the office too. I think when you are surrounded by people who are working hard and a lot of the things that you are supposed to do are within your capacity then you get a lot of things done quickly. Writing this, I don't feel burned out even if I've accomplished a lot. I think it is about work that is within my capacity.
Another thing is rolling... a friend called me at the office to talk about some interesting venture. I think it is also aligned with my plan to setup an automated accounting/inventory/payroll system for our family business. I didn't know business softwares cost that much (half a million? you gotta be *beeping me), though I personally believe that only 30% of the cost is the actual value for it. Even if I knew how to write the code for it, I think that the 70% was placed there to fund for some personal wishlist or for the brain cells that died thinking of the algorithm. Heehee I doubt if there is a specific market price for business software. IEEE should have had that figured out. The only thing I can think off is using the man-hours or the KLOC metric. Nonetheless, how much of the declared man-hours is actually spent on serious coding? If only clients knew the what goes on on the other side, then they would probably just develop the software by themselves. But then again, time spent somewhere else would probably earn them more. Thus, they wouldn't mind paying for that personal wishlist now wouldn't they? It's probably just pocket change. Now I know how a client on a budget feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment