Saturday, January 06, 2007

HOLIDAY FAT

Two weeks ago, I visited the doctor's clinic for an annual check-up and I recalled that I took my weight on the scale and it read 154 pounds. Today, I went to the gym to pay it a visit since I haven't visited the gym for over a year now. I stepped on the scale and it read 161 pounds. Should the sirens go "weew... weew... weew..."? And so I jogged incline on the treadmill for like 5 mins... not enough to burn the fat but I was in dire need of time. So did some weight lifting, benchpresses and crunches for another hour. I was running short of time since I went to the gym to kill time before I have to go home and change for a dinner invitation tonight. So went to Ayala to do my cooldowns by walking briskly around the mall (this is what I do to tone my body whenever I have no time for gym). Walked around for 15 minutes and then drove home. On the way home, my whole body was flaming and aching, and so was my stomach... so I went for a McDo drive thru and got a fillet-o-fish... MEAL!... upsized!

Tonight, my uncle and aunt invited our household and our Aussie relatives to Acqua at the Shang. Today's their anniversary and they took us out to one of the best restaurants in town. I love gourmet food and all the more I love seafood. I nearly filled my tank with their Selezione di Antipasti... and that was just the appetizer. I loved the marinara and a certain pasta that's creamy with mushrooms, spices and shredded beef. Haven;t tasted any pasta as heavenly as that one... too bad my stomach was so full already that I hesitated to eat more of it to give way to the desserts. And I made the right choice! The chef gave my aunt and uncle a choclate cake that was thick, moist and tasted so darn good! I had 2 slices of it and couldn't take more lest I'd burst. So i finished the meal with a couple of glasses of champagne and that sealed off my second largest meal of the year... yet!

I will have to make up for that by working out real hard tomorrow. And... well... tomorrow... we got a wedding to attend, so this really adds to the fat dump. I just can't say no to good food... and they almost always serve good food in weddings. I can now use the fat I've always wanted to gain and I can now burn them to get a more firm physique.

I gotta sleep now. For sure, my body will ache all over tomorrow morning as I have always made it a point that when I go back to the gym from such a long time, I try as much as possible not to reduce the weights I lift and the reps I lift them with. I can now smell the scent of Salonpas!

No comments: