Blue Screen Day
Today was a Turbo C day for me. During my free time, I was practically facing the blue Turbo C screen programming for our finals. I hope I'll be done with this tonight, so I can enjoy my weekend without being bothered by the thought of unfinished work.
New College
This afternoon, I attended a short forum at the AVR. Our chairman invited some department chairpersons and deans from other universities to discuss his plan of forming a new Institute or College here in USC. He calls it the Institute of ICT (Information and Communication Technology). Among those present were the chairpersons of the College of Computer Studies from DLSU, CIT and USJR, our own ECE/EE Chairman, Math/CS Chairman, faculty members Sir Levi and Ma'am Pe�a of CS Dep't and some faculty members coming from our home department. Mr. Wilson Ng of Ng Khai was also there as representative of the ICT industry. Melvs, I see the semblance. Our chairman plans to unite the CS/IT, CompE and EE/ECE Departments of our university into one college/institute. The plan sounds good, since resources can be pooled together and we students get more access to CS/IT facilities and vice versa. The only obstacle here will be the Ivory Tower - Administration. Based on their reputation of being a group of close-minded, "karaan-style", "chi-bin" (money-faced... tama ba ang term?) priests I doubt it if they'll give this plan a go signal. Let's just hope for the best... and I hope I'd get to benefit from this before I graduate.
Have to go now take a sip of a new blend of coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment