DRIED UP
My team lead is leaving... this time, for good (I knew its certainty just TODAY!). I've been OK with his leaving for trips to the US or trips to Manila (knowing perhaps that he will always be back from them). This time, he is moving towards greener pastures, along with his family. I feel good for him knowing that he and his family will be happier there. It is moments like these when you realize how much certain people mean to you. We live our daily lives as if everything will always be just like this. And like they say, the good times will always be there but they never last. It is just the 3 of us here. We are a "tripod" as what my American manager once said. Someone new will be joining soon. And I could only wish that we will see a tripod once more, have good times... and even better ones... who knows, ryt?
I'd say that I'm a cold hearted and inhuman jerk if none of this affected me in some way. I feel bad that he is leaving. We had so much fun in the US and when I had tough times, he was there ready to cheer me up, distract me with our food trips or simply offer me his Magic Sing so that I could just sing away my sorrows. Things like these, though simple and may seem insignificant at that very moment, definitely have this captivating power in them. And now I feel that this will be another part of me that gets ripped off. It makes me wanna weep, but like they say big boys, or men for that matter, don't cry. In as much as I feel like wanting to, I can't 'coz no tears would fall. Life's battles have dried up my tear ducts... the sorrow just remains inside. This too shall pass and my "leaving" will make me get past this. We all leave. It is just a matter of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment