Monday, December 11, 2006

The Godfather

Chris lent me his DVD copy of The Godfather. He has lately been citing a lot of lines taken from this movie in his day-to-day conversations, so I gave it a shot to watch the movie. I had a movie marathon yesterday straight from morning till evening, spanning The Godfather Part 1 to Part 3.

Apart from the bloodshed, the movie offers a lot of wisdom in what makes a man a real man. The arguments and situations in the film deal with a lot of issues regarding the realities of life be it with family, business, friends, etc. Among the lines I loved are: "The old makes way for the new", "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer", "Never hate your enemies. It clouds your judgment", "Never let anyone know what you are thinking", "What should I do... (weeps)... You can always choose to be a man!"

And, the best line of the movie would have to be: "A man can never be a real man unless he spends time with his family."

No comments: