Tuesday, December 31, 2002

I spent my late morning on errands. I bought some cake for our employees. These are the people behind the scenes who, in one way or another, help put food on the table for my dear family. We�ve been so busy with all the Christmas rush that it�s only now that we were able to buy them something for the holidays. Leona�s Cake and Pastries was swarming with cars outside, and when I went inside the bakeshop, WOW! It was a mob� a jungle in there. I was able to get the cakes 15 minutes after or so. Lots of people were buying cakes and pastries for tonight�s New Year�s Eve meal.

I then went to Ayala where I was, as usual, marooned for the entire afternoon. I didn�t do my usual rounds since the mall was so empty. I guess most people were taking naps at home so they can stay up late and party all night, while some could be busy cooking their favorite dishes for a party where friends and relatives are welcome. I spent the afternoon at AV Surfer where I was performing an experiment. Experiment 2: How to Add Photos to a Post. Two hours surfing the net and nothing came of it. I read the tutorial and still I couldn�t get the procedures and the codes. It all seemed computer jargon to me. I really need to brush up on simple HTML. All I accomplished was a membership at Tripod. I don�t have any plans to make a site hosted by Tripod. This blogsite is enough for now. I�ll be using Tripod to store pictures. Was able to upload a picture of a dog that looked like my two dogs at home, namely Snoopy and a Japanese sounding Yuki� and a very beautiful picture of an awesome New Year�s Eve fireworks show above Sydney, Australia. Sad to say, I tried to post it, but all I got was a blank space.

After the tedious experiment, I went to Bo�s Coffee Club to buy a pack of House Blend ground beans. It came with a nice canister that had a Christmas design. I bought coffee for the older folks, since my Di-ku promised to buy a bottle of Asti Martini and two bottles of red wine. Wheeee� It used to be the other way around. It�s just a sign that this year will be different from the rest. I met THE Mangkay on the way down the Basement. She was with family. Asked her about photos... no clue there.

I�m eating now while watching Moulin Rouge on Star Movies� �The greatest thing you�ll ever learn is to love and be loved.� I find the movie very artistic. I like movies that are of the musicale type. Not much talk, but more passionate songs�soothes the spirit�food for the soul. Beloved Satine txtd a while ago to greet me a Happy New Year� feels like�*Sigh!�and with the melodies of Moulin Rouge�my last day of the year sweeps me off to 2003.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

No comments: