Saturday, December 28, 2002

Just came from SHS-B Alumni Homecoming 2002. This year�s homecoming was hosted by Batch 77, the Silver Jubilarians. I met with other alumni like Walter Uy, Darrell Sy, Brian Huang and Edwin Chua. It was a very fun-filled night! Had lots of laugh� I could now feel my stomach aching after all the laughs I had.

For you guys who didn�t attend, you certainly missed half of your life. Mr. Rogelio Cagaanan - a.k.a. �Cagi� was, by public demand, forced to join the dance contest together with 7 other alumni. Each gentleman was paired with one lady dancer. Fr. Javier was the judge and the prize was a pictorial and a kiss from tonight�s guest, Michelle Estevez from �Klasmyts�. The 8 pairs first danced to the beat of �Laban Laban O Bawe Bawe�, the craze hit from the Sexbomb Girls. All other pairs were eliminated after dancing to each of the 6 following tunes. The final dance was to the tune of �Asereje� also known as "The Ketchup Song" by Las Ketchup. The remaining pairs were that of Mr. Cagaanan & the pair of another alumni whose name I forgot. Cagi�s opponent danced the �Asereje� very well. Indeed, some grown men still do watch MTV. Though the dancing of �Cagi�s� opponent was very wonderful, the gathering gave way to Fr. Javier�s decision and by public demand, our beloved algebra/trigo teacher was proclaimed kampeon de bayla!!! We are still trying to get a copy of tonight�s footage for you Hearters who wish to take a glimpse of what you missed. Truly our 350 ticket was worth tonight�s entertainment.

Whew� so much for the entertainment. I left the homecoming at around 10:30 to fetch my mom from Ayala. She asked me to fetch her, but later changed her mind that she�ll just drive home by herself and that I could go back to the Homecoming and simply hitch with someone home. Thanks mom for making me enjoy the party more. I get to party rarely, so thanks for making me enjoy the most of the rare opportunities.

I went back of course, but the party was drawing to a close with the raffle of prizes. Hahaha� I didn�t win anything. Only Clinton Ang of our batch won a 32?? cellphone. I�m not sure of the model. It was then followed by the raffle for the Ford Lynx car that was to be given away. I didn�t buy a ticket nor did we make �amot� since it was priced at 2,500 each. Shocking price for us mere students with only our allowance to run to, but come to think of it, if you win� some price for a car� 2,500 peso Ford Lynx anyone? Edwin and his Ahia bought a ticket. With the first draw for the last digit, the number didn�t match with their ticket. It�s OK� the money�s for an education plan anyway� a very good cause!!! The group left afterwards, since the raffle was just the thing that kept most of the people in the party. I had to leave too since Edwin was kind enough to allow me to hitch with him home. After all, we live in the same village.

I enjoyed the ride, especially with the nice music videos � both English and Chinese, which were played inside the car. Brand new vehicles these days offer the best comforts in life. What�s next� you name it, you got it! That�s all the blog for now. Good night folks!

No comments: