Saturday, June 21, 2003

"Oh happy day... oh happy day..."

The Freshman General Assembly was a huge success. Thanks to the efforts of Vanessa, Maia, Stanley, Victor, and most specially Johan, Rey and Mark for carrying the snacks all the way up to the SMEI AVR. Thanks also to Sir Brian for his support and the CompE Department's support of our projects. Same goes to Mitch for the reservations and Gary for the letter drafts. What a good start for the schoolyear... 1st event.... SUCCESS! The new set of freshmen officers were a nice bunch. We had a short meeting after the assembly, and we formally welcomed them to our power team. We taught them a few tricks of the trade and with practice, they will get the hang of it in no time. Wanted to serve lunch to all the hardworking peeps who really sweated it out, but sorry peeps, council's broke. Charge it... swipe the card.

Went to Ayala afterwards to meet up with Paeng and Jed. Had hot choco at Bo's and then went to Harbour City with them for some steamed rice... yummm... whatta pig out. As if it wasn't enough, my mom txtd that we're going to have snacks at Don Hen. Yipee! Had 3 slices of Fisherman's Pizza and their Pasta Ala King... *oink... reminds me of my food trip blogs long long time ago. Haven't blogged about food for several months. I could remember my early blogging days, where I could post almost 4 times a day... all about lunch, snaks, dinner and food!!!

Met up with my uncle Omid and went off to Makro where he bought a water dispensing machine. We were looking at some grapes and he asked me to choose a bunch for him. So I chose the best. Turns out, it was a nasty, but very thoughtful plot. 'Coz when he dropped me off at home, he left with those grapes I handpicked on the dinner table while I went to my room to freshen up... with a note of thanks. Family is where the heart is after all.

I'm off to the airport to pick up some guests... without a driver's license... shhhhh... Tah tah... what a nice day... no hitches. There should be more June 21's in the calendar.

No comments: