It's been a long time since I posted birthday greetings here. Anyway, Karbelow is the poster I made for our acquaintance party...(low resolution so it won't take too much time to download to your browser) We have 600 tickets in print, if there will be unsold tickets by August 1, you peeps might want to join us, so pease tell me if you want to buy. Ticket price is 250, Village Courtyard, August 16, 2003 6-12midnight, dress to party!
I wanted to have our tickets perforated, but it would cost the council an extra 500 bucks... expensive, so I spent my afternoon looking for a perforating tool. At the end of my search from hardware shops (True Value) to school supplies (National Bookstore), I was able to find one... guess where?... at the linen section of Metro Ayala. They call it the "Tracing Wheel". It's actually a sewing tool and instead of using it for its real purpose, I used it to make those dotted cuts you see in raffle tickets. It actually cuts through thick paper and makes those tiny perforating dots! Amazing!... another handy tool discovered.
After spending just 16 pesos for the tool instead of the 500, I spent 3 hours straight at our cozy store perforating all SIX HUNDRED (600) tickets to separate the meal and drinks stubs. Boy was it tiring! My shoulders ached, my neck hurt a bit and my FINGERS! But doing it all was fun... know why? After every 100 tickets perforated, I'd say to myself, "Don't worry, dinner tonight's gonna be yummy!"... and in no time, I perforated the last ticket! Eureka!
True enough, when I got home, dinner table was... I dropped my stuff in my room and dashed for my spoon and fork. The food was G-R-E-A-T! Our cook served once again that same oriental salad, Mexican tacos were there, a very tasty porkloin with onion rings, creamy quail egg soup,... AND for the first time in this household, Rellenong Alimasag (Stuffed Crab) was served. Despite my allergy towards crustaceans, I couldn't resist the crabs tempting me "Eat Me!" hehehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment