Sunday, July 13, 2003

We have a new cook in the house. This lunch, she made some sort of oriental salad with sesame seed, shredded cabbage and grilled chicken. It was so tasty, that none of it was left after lunch. I spent my whole afternoon designing an ad poster for our CompE Acquaintance Party. It took me a very long time to design it in Adobe, since I had to make it really attractive, so people would notice it. As with any design, functionality is important. I tried to combine a creative design with many high tech effects and lines and forge it with heavy text information. I still think I could do better than this design, but it would cost me a lot of ink to print. Simple but informative sums up my afternoon's work.

Our cook grilled us some steaks for dinner... yummm... tastes like David's minus the meat quality. With mint jelly and extra spices, it's rewarding enough for a whole afternoon's job. Asked her to experiment on some pasta... something like Il Sole's tagliatelli ala sicilliana. I'm now watching Dude Where's My Car? on TV... hilarious.

Have to go now to do some homework. Have left some academic matters behind due to extra-curricular work, so I should get back to it and maintain the balance.

No comments: