Day Off
No work for today, so spent the free day at the mall... again. I helped around the store over lunchbreak and had my lunch there. I then went to the gym as part of my every-other-day workout schedule for the summer. Raine texted and so we met up at National.
Chit Chat Over Raspberry Mocha...
Raine and I spent the afternoon just at Bo's Coffee Club Entertainment Center. Took the day off with her, talked stuff, shared stories and opinions about whatever we had in mind. I enjoyed her company and that perfect cup of Raspberry Mocha I had.
Pinch Me Will You!!!
Met some of my high school classmates... and also former dormmates at Ateneo like Brian Huang and Justin Lim. I also saw Tyler Ong. All of them graduated already last March. They were at Ayala to take part in the job fair. They asked me whether I'm about to graduate too, and I had to reply "Another 2 long years for me." I didn't feel good about that reply, but I guess that's reality... things just happen and somehow they shape your life into something... for reasons yet unknown... can't hardly wait to graduate already!!! Someone get me out of here...
Getting My Act Together
After spending the afternoon with my friend Raine, I drove my mum around town doing errands. Went back to Ayala and watched the store till closing time. While I was driving home, this poem's title was on my mind. I was mumbling the stanzas, but they were all broken. So when I reached home, I looked for my book of poems and enjoyed some poetic moments alone. I'll post it below for all you poets out there.
The Road Not Taken
by Robert Lee Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other,as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less trveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment