Monday�s Post:
Freak Me Out
Early start for today... drove mum to Berovan to buy some hygiene masks... SARS SARS SARS!!! I'm going nuts here with the paranoid public! SARS in the bedroom, SARS in the dining room, SARS in the papers, SARS in the net, SARS in the news, SARS everywhere... I could barely move around with all the SARS warnings at every corner.
Out of The Ordinary
After our adventure to the pharmacy, we went to Bo's Entertainment Center to have BREAKFAST. I rarely take breakfast and today, I just had one of those complete �wake up to a perky start� breakfasts... I had their full breakfast combo... waffles 'n maple syrup, ham, scrambled eggs and that perfect cup of hot chocolate, plus the cozy ambience of the coffee shop equals... yuMM. Mum then dropped me off at Wanderlanes by 9:30.
Summer Break Treats
Summer vacations are meant for students to take a few months off for some quality R&R. Thank God I chose not to have summer classes, doing what... sit for 2 hours straight per subject. No way!... not to mention studying like there's no tomorrow for those midterm and finals exams which have a wide coverage... considering the few days of discussions. Imagine how much can be discussed in 2 hours per day... A LOT!
In lieu of taking summer classes, I get to help in the Secretariat of the Jaycee ASPAC Convention, get to go to the gym, hang out with friends, go to the beach, attend birthday parties, play PC games, watch TV and SLEEP... in short, I have more control of my time. Won't trade all that for things that could be learned better by just following the regular schedule. I might be in a hurry to graduate, but I also want to graduate with a lot of knowledge stocked up there. Things learned hurriedly slip past memory hurriedly too.
All Play and No Work Makes A BUM
Today, I was busy encoding the registrants - their personal info, payments, flight schedules, hotel accommodations and tours. It took me 5 minutes tops to enter the info of each early registrant. It was rather long and a bit straining to my eyes... the blurred facsimiles, the tiny... itsy bitsy handwriting of some and the UV rays from the computer's monitor... I guess that's work and when it's work, no complains, just comments I keep... hehe. The lechon for lunch definitely made up for it.
After lunch, I called Leslie to help me encode, since she's the only one who's not having summer class. Don't wanna bother you guys out there. I trained her to use the SQL software and with just one pass, she got the routine... fast learner... She took my place 'coz my eyes were starting to hurt and my migraine was at it again. Resumed my post by 3:30 and by 4+ we were done entering the details of the international delegates. The Philippine delegates will be encoded this Wednesday once the final list is out, since there�ve been cancellations due to... (won�t say it, �coz I�m dead sick of hearing it already!) Hopefully, PC911 will be able to set the system to multi-user level, so we can encode on separate computer units, divide the job, thereby finish earlier. The faster we get this done, the faster we could set our eyes on the succeeding tasks.
To The Mall... ho hum
We walked all the way to Ayala since it's just 2 blocks away. Went to Macjoy to cool down with a Halo-halo and a Four Seasons drink. Met Adrian, and I just remembered we still don't have a gift for Marie and it's just 2 days away... Leslie helped me shop and it was easy to find one. Buying gifts is always an ordeal for me... if it's for a GIRL, and most especially if it's for close friends. Thanks to my shopping buddy, it was quick and less tiring, since the 2 heads practically share the same taste... hehe.
Sailing Mail
I'm now sailing with "Sailing". It's a classic and I love classics, especially if the songs are rendered by today's top bands. NSync's choral rehash of Christopher Cross' "Sailing" just takes me away... takes me to flight!
I'm now off to... my emailbox. I'm expecting something inspiring from the mailWOman sometime tonight or at least tomorrow. Take care peeps and learn to take flight once in a while... release your cares!
No comments:
Post a Comment