Wednesday, April 09, 2003

EXTENDED
I just came from the beach... and I'm so pooped. Our family decided to take another day off at the beach, so we extended our overnight stay into... TWO overnight stays. The first night, we spent it with our Lola, Di-ku, Di-chim, cousins Matthew and Kyle. We drove back to Lapu-lapu City to have dinner at Majestic Mactan Marina Mall, then had to drive back again to Maribago to take the night off. Last night, we just spent it with our Lola, since my uncle, aunt and cousins went home ahead. We again had to drive to the city to have dinner at Rasa Singapura in the same mall, then drove back for lights off.

Yesterday, my Aunt Felisa Etemadi, Di-ee Po and Omid made apas to the beach. Swam the afternoon away at sea with Omid. We didn't swim in the pool, because of fear of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)... just playing safe that's all. We wanted to do some kayaking, but the price was like 840 an hour!!!... not practical at all... so we just had to content ourselves with making friends with the sea animals like a few schools of fish, crabs, starfish, sea urchins...

Smart Buys
On the way to the beach, we stopped by Mactan Marina Mall. We visited the Levi's shop owned by one of our aunts. It's a Levi's store that caters more for the C market. Found a lot of great buys there, like Dockers pants worth only 849 and some short sleeved polos are just 500+. Smart buys don't you think?

Brief Escape
Yesterday morning, I left the beach for the city. Since mum was needed at our store, I accompanied her back to the city and she dropped me off at TC. I went to enroll my cousin. Only signed him up for one class yet - POSC13, since schedules for ECON1 and SOSC6 are not yet available, so I'll try to sign him up this afternoon... after I blog this.

Following Footprints in the Sand
Met Mitch yesterday in school. Got to finally talk to him about the CompE council. I just realized that there will be so many activities to plan for once the academic year starts. I guess I'll be following the footsteps of my namesake, right Mitch??? ahem...

Reminders
Ma'am Daday informed us that the CompE Department has a new chairman - Dr. Mah. Why the title Dr??? Not MD, but Ph.D... that's probably the reason why Sir Burce's chairmanship will last till the end of summer. According to Ma'am Daday, she'll spare us the actual details of the restructuring of the department, since the situation is rather precarious. So for now, just a reminder to Mitch, Plum and Tot, meeting this Friday, 2:00PM at the CompE Department. Exact venue will just be agreed upon at the office, since the classrooms will be used for the enrolment.

No comments: