Friday, May 30, 2003

A few hours ago I watched the Ayala Fashion Walk 2003. I was given an invitation by one of the fashion designers of the show, a friend of mine. He's from Cebu too, but we met in Ateneo. He threw a fashion show at our dorm and I was his event organizer... hehe... coordinating with the lights, backstage, including... the make-up and attire... hehe. That's also how I met Rica Peralejo in person. Anyway, the show I just witnessed was nice... creative designs. Forgive me for commenting, but I could say I have an eye for fashion. Some of the models there were friends of mine like Dustin and Pierre (the Mella brothers), Joefranz Canizares and Recca Menchavez, so it was also a moral support thing.

I didn't finish the show 'coz I got really hungry and I had to supervise the closing of our store. We then had dinner at home... leftovers from my Sa-ee's lunch party. Our tummy's were grumbling for dessert, so we went to east, west Cafe. Went back home and played Starcraft till sawa... so I just finished the game and I decided to blog this. A friend of mine's having insomnia, so I'm keeping her company till she gets sleepy... how will I know she's asleep???... once there will be no reply... hehe... see after some texts, natulog na... Finally I can sleep.

Thought Korner
While driving home for dinner, my eyes were on the road but my mind was on to something else. Coming from the fashion show, I recalled those times in grade school... after school, I'd go to Rustan's to have rehearsals for some of their fashion shows. I was part of their kiddy RRC (Rainbow Riders Club)... I still have the pictures my mom took of me... haha! I just laugh at the sight of them... even just the thought of it tickles my funny bone.

We were taught then how to model... posture, "THE WALK", balancing and positioning of body weight, facial expression... and charm. To date, I still remember the lessons like it was yesterday. To some extent, it affects the way I walk. If any of you have seen me at the mall, you'd notice I walk faster than most people. It's because my feet don't feel heavy to me. Hehe... we modeled together with the YVIP (YoungVIP). Once you're an RRC model, you can automatically become part of the YVIP once you become a teenager. Sad to say I chose my academics over that career... besides... how did that model kid grow up to be a MONSTER...haha!... some questions in life you just couldn't possibly explain.

No comments: