Thursday, May 08, 2003

I was sound asleep... floating in dreamland... until... rrrrippp... my ears heard someone talking over the phone about... SARS. Here goes my mum again. I'm dead sick hearing people talking about this disease. I think I'll die first of their rantings before I get infected by the virus.

Anyway, I heard bits and pieces of the conversation and I'll just share what I heard. There's this FA (Flight Attendant) who brought her child to Chong Hua, since her kid had high fever. SARS cases are supposed to be handled by the North General Hospital, but this FA didn't know the cause of the fever, so she brought her child to Chong Hua. Now the child died due to SARS and 15 doctors and nurses of Chong Hua are now placed under quarantine.

I'm not sure about the validity of this news, since we all know how stories fly. I'm just sharing this to all you fellow Bloggers out there, especially those who visit Chong Hua for regular medical check-ups and diagnosis. Just take the necessary precautions when visiting hospitals these days. With all the paranoia around us, we can't be so sure of what's REALLY happening.

As for now, I'm in my room watching My Best Friend's Wedding on Star Movies. There's this movie line which was said twice in Julia Robert's films. It was said once in Pretty Woman and it was said again in My Best Friend's Wedding. It goes: "If you love someone you say it right then... or else that moment just passes you by."... or something like that. It's crazy enough to THINK about taking the risk. It's crazier to even TAKE the risk, but if we don't take it, we could be missing something quite AMAZING. So, NO REGRETS!

No comments: