Thursday, May 15, 2003

--+--!!!Happy Birthday Plum!!!--+-- ---> May 13

Plum, sorry wasn't able to greet you yesterday. I didn't know about it till I checked your site today. So where's the party???... hehe... just kidding.

Waiting for A Miracle
I don't have much to blog these days. Planning for the CompE Council's activities for this year is tougher than I thought. Got budget problems since yesterday... the number 325 keeps ringing in my head... and it's really a big number! I don't know how to lower 325 to 200... might have to do something to lower the peso-to-dollar exchange rate first to hit my target...like that's gonna happen. I just hope everything turns out right...

Blah! Blah! Blah!... Jabber! Jabber! Jabber!
It's really hard to make people change their minds about something. Not much loyalty nowadays. With the botched up Xmas party last year, it will be difficult to persuade people to attend another CompE sponsored party, especially if the ticket price is sky high... ho hum. Sometimes I wonder why I accepted this post. I thought I could make a big change, you know, do something out of the ordinary. Well, it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I have to admit, there are certain instances that I'd like to give up and pass the council on to someone else, but the thought of quitting before the year has even started just keeps me going. It's really a test of my patience and I hope I won't crack under the pressure. Running this council is the only inspiration I have left... and I don't plan to add any more inspiration sources as it is. All energy cells are concentrated in propelling this council all the way up.

I hope the other officers are as dedicated as I am to the job. 'Coz as of now, it's hard to make them do certain tasks, like to give me a call to confirm something, to send something over the net... and some to just even attend the meetings. I'm not making parinig... I'm just making you think about your duties that go with the privileges you enjoy being a public servant. Ignore me, I'm just venting out my frustrations. I'm like this sometimes. My hull integrity is still at 100%, but I hope nothing's gonna send it diving to zero... Here I go again... making yaw-yaw!

No comments: