Thursday, September 25, 2003

Oh... and here's something I left out in my last post. Just recalled that I missed out on something important.

We were dismissed early from our 7:30PM class. I passed by the AVR to check what was happening there with the lights on so late in the evening.

As I opened the door, I saw one friend of mine sitting in one of the seats there. I didn't know she will be one of the candidates for this Friday's Mr. & Ms. IE Pageant. I wanted to just make silip and pretend not to see her. But somehow I realized that she was all by herself. She looked tired and bored. I then gave a thought about what happened in the past between me and the barkada I used to hang out with in the canteen.

Somehow at that moment, I realized that friends will always be friends and no matter what breaks the bond, somehow our hearts get pulled together one way or the other. I was able to give support to May Joy, who I knew for just 3 days, so there's no reason for me not to support this friend whom I've known and spent time with for over a year. So I went in, said "Hi!" and to my surprise she told me how happy she was to see me. I expected a cold treatment, but I was wrong. She talked to me in the way we used to talk... so open, so unabridged and without reservation. She talked about her rehearsals and how nervous she is for this pageant and many more. We talked for a few minutes, then 2 of her friends arrived. They were surprised to find me there and so asked how I was since they haven't seen me in a long time. Kept touch for a few minutes and I had to leave since the car's waiting for me outside.

When I was in the car, I felt good that such opportunities have come for me to mend a few broken links in my past. Now, it's just the BIG link that I have to really weld back, whcih is really very difficult since she barely talks. One step at a time I guess. Little strokes fell great oaks.

Now as I blog myself to sleep. I realize one thing... that life is not about "I", "ME", "MY". It's all about how many ties we make, how many people we meet and help along the way, and how many moments of happiness we cherish. Good night everyone.

No comments: