Sunday, September 28, 2003

Yesterday, I attended our first formal Robotics Club meeting. We learned a lot from Doc Maja's lecture... basic robotics, gear ratio vs speed and torque. We were also taught how to design the base of a wheeled robot... center of gravity principles, moment computation and friction. We learned a lot from just 2 hours of lecture. We'll start making our project next week. After the short meeting, it was time for my class with SIr Delante. He just wrote scribbles on the board... basic equations and mathematics... learned really nothing since it was purely fraction manipulation... a 4th grader could solve those equations.

I then had lunch with Van, Fame and Les at Green Derby. I then attended a 4 hour meeting at the AVR to deliberate which agency we will be awarding the contract for our educational tour this summer. We awarded it to Executive Express... and the total package is 12,699 for a 7day/6night stay in Manila. 4 nights at the Cenutry Park Sheraton in Malate and 2 nights in Baguio. We'll be touring 10 companies in Luzon, Enchanted Kingdom, Subic and Tagaytay sidetrips. Boat in plane out. All meals are buffet. The package price is OK, but hopefully we could lower it... times are hard and not everyone could afford it. Hopefully, our entire batch would be able to participate. It's a rare opportunity to get to tour with your batchmates.

Last night, I attended the victory party of the Jaycees at Club Waterfront. The food was great with the lechon. The disco was also nice. Obsession was the name of the band that entertained us. I was with 3 of my friends from the council and there were other friendly faces there. Thanks.

As of this moment, my mind is pressured with design concepts. I'm planning to change the look and theme of this site. The travel agency also put up a tshirt design contest for the tour. Whoever could design the best shirt for the tour gets a 3,000 peso slash off the package price. Instead of paying 12,699, the winner will just be shouldering 9,699. Kewl! So after this I'll be busy designing... Once again Google and Adobe Photoshop will be my best friends. Hehehe... and by the way instead of 4 choices, I narrowed it down back to 2, but this time the 2 choices na pagpipilian are not the same as before. At least, 2 is easier to decide than 4. lol!

No comments: