This morning, I was forced into a perky start. When I reached school, the concessionaires were late in setting up, their booths. They were supposed to set it up yesterday afternoon, and by lunch, KFC wasn't even ready to sell yet... Smile na lang...
Then, I had to rush around campus to look for a female CompE contestant for this Saturday's Mr. and Ms. TC participant. First, I got to talk to May Artiga. She was OK with the idea at first, but later refused due to her study load. Bam-bam (Miss USC Candidate) and May's friends tried to convince her, but she never gave in... I really tried my best, really. Now as I recall the statements I made, I sounded quite like someone who was courting her "sige na... sige na... please..." Oops, don't get me wrong here, I have no intentions. Mitch, she mentioned your name. "You can ask Mitch pa, busy kaayo mi." So after almost 30 minutes of trying to convince her, I gave up knowing that I just couldn't handle her will. Ayokong pilitin, kung ayaw talaga. As a consolation, May then referred me to another May... May Joy Arcilla, who after a 3 minute talk over my mobile finally agreed to be our representative for Saturday's tilt. Thank God she filled in the spot, else I'd really be in deep trouble by now. So finally, it's Carl Sabuga and May Joy Arcilla as our hopefully Mr. and Ms. TC. Good luck to them! The council will support them all the way!
I was like a wet chick after all that work. I was so drained... I could hardly make out what Sir Salva was blabbing about. My feet hurt from all the searching and my saliva dried up from all that convincing. BUT, the Lord is GOOD! Lunch was never so filling as before. I had 6 BBQs, 3 puso^ and a lemon-berry slush. But the main dish was finally served courtesy of Mercy "Masi". After lunch, I went back to the selling area and met Mercy. I am so indebted to her already, 'coz while we were talking she called #1 over and the 3 of us talked stuff for a while, then Mercy left us. I felt rather uneasy when Mercy left our company to buy some Tagala's chicken, but somehow I managed to talk spontaneously with #1. Finally, I could talk to her without the jitters! What a breakthrough for me! I'm so happy! And so in an hour, it rained! bwahahahaha...
After my 6:30 class, I attended the 1st rehaersal for the Mr. & Ms. TC candidates. I saw the candidates, and we have a very good chance of winning, so we'll give this our best. I made a list of the props and attires we need and went home to consult Maia. Thanks a lot Maia for your help. Things like these are really beyond me. Thanks a bunch!
No comments:
Post a Comment