-++-!!!Happy 18th Birthday to my beloved Brother!!!-++-
I woke up really late today. I was supposed to attend a CEC meeting regarding the assignment concessionaire booth spaces, a Robotics Club meeting and a FlashMX lecture... but I woke up at around 10AM... and so I miss all 3 of them... hehehe... nasty. This is what happens when I indulge too much of this free internet connection. In lieu of what I was supposed to do, I turned on my PC and continue to design my Christmas template, which I just finished a few minutes ago... I'll upload it in 3 day's time, since art must be progressively observed to be able to notice those minor flaws.
As for today, I spent the afternoon helping Leslie bake a strawberry shortcake. It definitely was, literally was, a SHORT cake. Instead of 3 layers of sponge cake, we reduced it to 2 really thin layers (like pizza...) why???... well, we lacked equipment, the recipe instructions given by Leslie's friend were rather vague and the dough took so long to get cooked, so some of the layers were still sticky. Instead of baking a cake, I think we learned how to bake really tasty EGGNOG. It was better than eggnog... hehehe. Well, at least it wasn't a total flop. The kiwi and strawberries surely tasted good... the icing was unique, but I think I added too much water such that the cream collapsed. So what we did was to freeze the cake and hopefully it could pass as an ice cream cake... hehe. I'll leave baking to the ladies and do more frying instead... hehehe.
We had dinner at Bigby's Cafe. I met Adrian Ding there and he recognized my face since I helped him set up his laptop and projector during a Pharma seminar a few months ago. He even thought I was a Pharmacy student, but I told him proudly that I was CompE... naks... just told him that I was at Pharma since I was asked to help set up his techie-stuff. He asked why I took that course and I had to explain him that long story that dates back to the Marian hills of the land of white and blue. He's really friendly, but he knew me by face value only so he had to ask my name. When I mentioned his name, he asked me how I got to know him. Well, let's just say that during my high school days, I got handcuffed to her sister in one of the SHS-G fairs... hehe. I could still remember struggling to get those cuffs off (trying so hard to magic my right hand to shrink...) and I hated those who handcuffed me. I hated the whole handcuffing ordeal (having to pay chits to be freed, having to waste chits over a chocolate or a card for the girl, not to mention the shame of being seen tied to someone else). And, as a matter of fact, I also ended up hating the girl I got handcuffed to (Ding's sister... forgot her name) 'coz her friends kept teasing us. Hahaha! I was so inutil then... hehehe. Hahay... I just laff whenever I reminisce things of the past just like that one. Life's been so colorful.
No comments:
Post a Comment