Sunday, November 16, 2003

Hmmm... this will be a lengthy one.

Today was one of those "colorful" days minus the blues, purples and dark shades of gray. Yellow rays of the sun awoke me to an early 7:00 morning. Had to go to school to preside over a council meeting at the same time attend a Robotics Club lecture. I had to forego the latter, since planning is what my engine is made for. We had a very successful brainstorming session this morning. I've finally incorporated some form of communtiy service into the council's calendar of activities. We planned for a raffle this Christmas and an outreach program "Adopt-A-Child" I don't know how to do this exactly, but I hope that we can put this thing together for the little KIDS. For the first time, we're planning to hold a Decorate-A-Classroom competition in our CompE wing. Sounds like grade-school, but it would be nice to see CompE students united in making our 5 classrooms shine with that Christmas ambiance. Just a thought... we should hang a few mistletoes! HAHA!

We've noticed the dying Christmas spirit... yeah yeah luma na yan... so it would be nice to at least put some effort to revive it somehow. When I was younger, I used to look forward to Christmas with so much enthusiasm, that I once was able to put up the Christmas tree all by myself, decors, lights and all, but that was before... like 10 years ago. Now, it's like... *(cricket sound)... Christmas just passes by like - go to mass, opening of gifts, thank you's, Noche Buena and that's all. Some Christmas Day's of the past just seemed like ordinary Sundays. Ho hum... I would so much like it to be different this year, but HOW??? Still have to make ammends with Him up above.

Back to our meeting, we planned for a Counterstrike tournament open for all USC students... that's for those who are socially-aware enough to read the posters... and we also planned to open a cookie factory booth for Heart's Day... hehehe. Roses are RED and they're... common and boring, so let's go into FOOD! Ma-busog pa ang girl... hehehe And then we planned what to propose to Globe, since they're planning to make an investment for our CompE department... weeee! FREE Internet Access, High-performance PCs and a server that downloads softwares for us to burn into CDs for school use (Home copy)! We also planned to throw a big year-end party FREE ENTRANCE for the CompE peeps, probably at Sunflower City. I hope I'll have the money for this crazy venture of mine.

By the time we ended our Council meeting, the Robotics lecture also ended, so I never got the chance to hear the lecture... sacrifice again. But with every sacrifice comes a CONSOLATION PRIZE... and seems like today's consolation prize is even better... parang na ring jackpot.

I was headed for Ayala to meet Krishy and Mary Ann at Natio. It was so traffic on the way, since all roads lead to Ayala Center today for their BIG ANNIVERSARY MIDNIGHT SALE. Hope you peeps knew about or else you just missed out on those fat discounts.

Anyway, when I met Kris and Ann near Natio, I met even more people there. There's Joy, DonDon - Kris' wuvyduvy...hehehe and Rouselle, who is Leslie's BF (Best Friend) hehehe... We went around looking for sandals for Kris and then through our adventurous travels, we reached Starbucks. I have Starbucks to thank for the very informative and entertaining talk over a hot cup of Peppermint Mocha. I feel I've grown a year older and more mature listening to the younger people there... hehe. Sometimes if you give others the chance to speak their mind and if you really listen to them intently, you'd learn so much. That's why we're given 2 ears and only one mouth. The talk over hot java was already getting spicier, but due to the ongoing sale, I had to be pulled out of Starbucks by my mom for a second opinion on the shoe my brother wanted to buy. When I reached Rustan's to look at the shoe, MY GOD! Those can't pass for shoes! It's either I'm too choosy or my taste for things just can't be passed on to others. Maybe BOTH... Arghhhh! There goes the cynic in me. I was able to buy only 2 things because of my being so chooooosyyyyy! I bought a red shirt from Bossini and a pair of workout gloves from Nike Park. That was all.

After the shopping, my feet hurt a lot from walking from store to store trying to look for the "finer things in life"... this is what I have to pay for being so... hwag na lang. But still, the effort pays off, because in the end I definitely get the style/design that I really want. So I went back to our store at 6 to help. Because of the sale, our store and the other restaurants were full. The diners kept coming in. As one table is cleared, another group comes in to have thier orders taken. It was only at 10:00 that we were able to eat... whew! We even ran out of chickens, so I had to turn our Spacewagon into a Ferrari F1 and drive from the mall to our main kitchen just to get extra 15 chickens more. All in a day's work. It's the least I could do to somehow pay for the things I just bought from the sale.

After having my late dinner, I made apas to Metro Cafe (where I used to frequent 2 years ago to enjoy their panini sandwiches... love them... especially how the cheese melts with the tuna). Leslie, Roselle and Diane were there hanging out to "analyze" certain stuff. I just gave my analysis, but I guess there's someone else I know who could do better than I did. You'll see who I mean once Leslie posts the argument either by mail, zonkboard or by posting it in her site.

Now I'm home blogging all this and somehow I realized that I wasn't totally myself today. The temperature over my World of Ice seemed to be warmer than usual. Maybe the sun rose too early and melted some glaciers or maybe I just unconsciously let down my guard defenses for a while. As the night drew the day to a close, I now realize and I admit with all honesty that there was a certain point today that fire threatened my Frozen Chemistry, but it was just a threat... To recognize that it was just a threat, it only took me to ask one very simple question... and the answer spelled the difference. Simple chemistry really... to thaw something back to its original state takes time. If you thaw frozen red meat by putting it in hot water, it will cook and turn to lightbrown. I never thawed too quickly, so I'm now back to the freezer and now frozen.

Is it chilly cold, or is it just me? As I took a hot shower a few minutes ago, I was thinking: Nowadays, I always try to find a reason to see the world like I used too... so much fire - this human thing called emotion. Do I need a reason to venture into something new? Maybe not. 'Coz I've come to that point where I'm happy & contented... I just am. It's a state where "It couldn't get any better than this." I'm happy now and I can't find any good reason to find more of it. I could say that I've been provided for and given what any guy of my age could possibly have. Perhaps there could be some wonderful thing missing, but to have it I might lose everything else I've been given. It's temporary bliss only a fool would succumb to. It breaks all rules of logic and reason only humans are capable of, be it man or woman. Many have taken the minor leap. Some found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, while some just found themselves digging their own graves. As for me, I still won't take that leap without knowing what's below... YOU COWARD... Well, I'd rather be called a coward than a FOOL. It all boils down to what a friend of mine once said, "SIGURISTA!" Hehehe...

Try to put sense in what I just blabbered. I don't think I made any sense. Somebody please do me a favor and put some sense in this coconut stuck over my neck.

No comments: