It never changes... Even with the new enrolment system, classes still don't start as they ought to. Hehehe... yeah, yeah... I'm just naning that's all.
Well, I saw the loading of our teachers and guess who's my teacher for Java... Ma'am Bandalan.... pray for me. Wanted to transfer to Sir Barangan's class, but it was already full... hmph...
Finally I got to watch "My First Romance" since there were no classes for today. Here's my review of the movie:
It offers nothing new in terms of story, using old clich�s for storylines. One thing has to be said for the movie though, it is entertaining, if in a shallow kind of way. It is SWEET, even nauseously sweet, though the level of romance is high school-ish. If you're dating a 16 year old, or a person with that maturity level, watch this.
What a "zingy" review... but that's the reality of it.
The first part entitled "One Love" portrayed the denial phase of 2 M.U.s They've known each other for long, but sad to say they knew each other not in a good way. They hated each other for something that happened in the past. They just didn't get the chance to explain their sides, that's why the argument blew out of proportions. And now that they've talked it out through the "bridging" efforts of Ate Glow, they became closer and eventually became an item. It was really shallow and the courting style was... baduy. Torpe style really. Takes one to know one.... hehehe... Laff on. But on the brighter side, at least the guy was able to gather enough courage to admit his feelings. Hmmm... nothing works better when placed under pressure. I didn't like the first part much because the seriousness of the conversations are often meddled by the pakapin shots of Ate Glow's face and the way she sounds like our president Ate Glo. lolz.
The second part entitled "Two Hearts" was a story of more substance, but not really something new. But I liked it more than part one... maybe because it was a more complicated story... more intricate... more struggle! I saw that the struggle of the male character, Enzo, was something I couldn't really imagine happening to me. I'd place myself in his shoes, and I could say that I'd be dumfounded. I really won't know what to say or do. It's one of those circumstances that are beyond your control. It's more like "I can't do anything but wait for the girl to feel something for me... and wait for her to be ready... and wait for her to clear her past."... get the picture? Well, I won't spill the story 'coz some of you may want to watch it.
And I encourage you to watch it. Not because of the plot of the story, not because of the actors & actresses, and definitely not because I say so. I'd encourage you to watch it so you'd get to see the different sides of the coin. It's a happy ending, but sometimes it would be nice to know how we get there. The end may be the same, but what's important is how we reached it - the JOURNEY. And if we think that Filipino movies are not nice to watch... well, the cinematography may not be that nice, but hey the content is "Philippine-setting" And no matter how absurd it may seem with the so many twists in the story, it COULD happen to us.
Yes it is a pinoy movie. Yes, it a "pang-kilig" movie... but watch it and at you'll get out of the movie house feeling different... it's a sensation you can't get out of watching Matrix. Yes, this movie is shallow. I hope that when you watch it... that is if ever you'll watch it... your analysis won't be shallow. Try to enjoy the movie and you'll realize that it can have an effect on you. It tells so much of peer pressure, how to settle differences, how an extremely proud person can be humble, how differences in financial status can be overcome, how to let go of the past and move on in the REAL world, how to fight perseveringly, and most of all not to judge people by how they look or what people say of them. Sometimes the best way to know someone and be close to them is really simple... JUST BE WITH THEM. Spend time.
One thing I learned in the movie was when John Pratts told Heart Evangelista in the baseball field bleachers of what his dad had to say. His dad once told him that each one of us has to face a problem of some sort. There are many more difficult problems in this world than problems on love, relationship and friendship. True... to some of us, that may be a problem, but others may find having shelter and food on the table more problematic. But what really caught my attention was when John Pratts went home with a heavy heart after being "rejected" by Heart Evangelista. His family was having dinner when he arrived home. His parents invited him to have dinner with them, but he said "Mamaya na lang... May problema kasi". The mom asked what the problem was and he said "Ay, baka mababaw lang ang tingin nyo sa akin sa problema ko itong pag-ibig." And then the mom stopped eating, stood up and talked to her son on the sofa and so did the dad. And they told him, "Hindi mababaw ang problema sa pag-ibig... pag-ibig man ito sa isang tao, isang hayop o sa isang bagay"... How nice. Love's never a shallow thing and problems about it are not shallow. It takes so much for a person to like a person, a pet or a nice expensive shoe displayed in a signature shop. It takes a lot for people to show affection. It takes a lot for people to give attention. It takes a lot for people to hold on to a dream they desperately want for themselves. To me, that scene best describes what being human is, that is to be there for someone - to listen, to comfort, to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment