Saturday, February 08, 2003

Drove to school on a cold Saturday morning. The ECE laboratories gave me the chills since there were only a few of us present for our regular Saturday laboratory classes. This morning's experiment was extra long. Simple but tiring. I finished wiring and testing the amplifier circuits by 10 and went to the VOT office for the interview. The written membership exam for the school paper was held last week, so the interview part was slated for today. It was supposed to start by 8, but I don't know why it started as late as 10:45. The panel was composed of the VOT's current EIC, the past EIC and the current managing editor. The three grilled me with their questions. I kept calm throughout the grilling and though of them not as future bosses, but future comrades. I guess it felt lighter on my part that way. The interview lasted for around 30 minutes. They kept asking me about my experiences in journalism and about my thoughts of activism. I never knew that the school publication was that political in nature.

So much for the interview. I went home at around 11:30 to fetch my mum, bro and lola. We all went to have lunch at Grand Majestic Banilad My Si-ee treated all of us for lunch. The buffet, especially the Peking duck, was truly delectable.

I had to leave the luncheon early, since I still had a 1:00 make-up class to catch. I had my lola's chauffeur drop me off at school. The teacher arrived on time and everything went on as scheduled. Finished testing the generators by 2:15. I rode a jeep to Ayala. I caught up with some friends and watched Hot Chick with them. The friends were: Michael Tee, Steven Cinco, Adrian and Jed with his friend Heidi. The movie was so hilarious. One thing common with Rowan Atkinson and Rob Schneider: You'd get a good laugh just by looking at their faces! Bwahahaha.

Met Gail Tochip and Tian-tian outside the movie house. Heidi left early. She had things to do. Went around the mall for a couple of rounds. Tian-tian left to attend to other stuff. Met Leorraine Tala who joined our group in our wanderings around the mall. Gail met up with some friends and she left with them. Jed then left for 5:30 mass at Redemptorist. We then went to Arcada to buy drinks. Met Randy Dy with his friends who happen to be Leorraine's friends too. Small world. Michael and Steven left. So it's now Adrian, Leorraine and I left.

Met Peter, Miat, Benny, Jessie, Stacy and some of their friends. Did not join them, 'coz Leorraine wanted something at McDonald's. She changed her mind later. Adrian left, since his mum was already looking for him. Twas just Leorraine and I. Mum sent me on an errand. Leorraine was nice enough to accompany me to Metro and True Value to buy a telephone modular box and some staple wires for the wire tacker. Leorraine then left, since her mum was already at Metro waiting for her. I went back to our store to hand to my mum the goods I bought. Went to AVSurfer and helped the attendant there, who happens to be my friend, edit is resume. His resume had a lot of typos, so I volunteered to make it look more professional and persuasive.

Left Ayala for SM. Went there to buy some candles mum plans to use for our store on Valentines Day. Okay... I could say that our store has the ambiance for occasions such as... ahem. Went to Patio Isabel, but the place was so full, so we went to Cafe Georg to have dinner. Dinners at Cafe Georg are always great.

I'm now home after eating like a piggy. The house is empty 'coz everybody's having an overnight stay at Shangri-La courtesy of my Aunt Felisa Etemadi. We chose not to stay overnight, since we were too busy today to pack our stuff. Besides, it was just two weeks ago that we paid the place a visit. We'll be going to Shang tomorrow after hearing mass at City Sports Club. Have to go now. I have laboratory reports to write and a computer program to finish. Good night ya all!

No comments: