Sunday, February 16, 2003

Today was not my usual lax Sunday. It was a very busy Sunday for me. I woke up really late, since I drank quite a lot of white wine last night. Our family was having a special dinner and wine was served. The white wine was still half full. Can't keep wine overnight, since it turns sour and ferments to vinegar the next day. So I took it upon myself to drink the remaining half, so there. Rather take it than waste it. When I woke up, I didn't have a hangover. I never have hangovers no matter how much I drink. I guess I'm spared from it. My doctor must have injected me with a vaccination against it when I was a baby. Hehehe...

So we went to City Sports Club to attend mass. Did some water system change at our commissary, since there was no water running through the pipes. Lots of households in Mabolo didn't have water thanks to the Globe diggings near CFG Banilad. If you guys passed by the area today, you'd see the workers pumping water out of the big hole that they dug. The digging equipment/truck struck a major water pipe and it burst spewing out precious water from MCWD. The courts should sanction Globe Telecom for the countless inconveniences they've caused the public already.

Maiatot texted in to ask me to read a wonderful article in page 21of today's issue of SunStar. I haven't read it yet, since the newspapers from our store will reach home tonight still. That's how late news arrives to this house of ours. I'll read it tonight, 'coz Maia said it's another nice article from the same wonderful writer. Now I�ll have something to take the evening off.

I spent my entire Sunday afternoon doing my homework. Wrote 2 engineering laboratory reports for my class tomorrow morning at 7:30. I then had to prepare visual aides for my lecture on "Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor Biasing". I'll be presenting it tomorrow night during my 6:00 ECE 13 class. I also composed a reaction paper for my HIST 17 class this coming Tuesday. It's a reaction to an article about Rizal entitled, "The Woman Who Could Have Been Mrs. Jose Rizal". Gave a lot of insights about the article and made it really sound so controversial and so thought provoking, such that my teacher would prolly initiate a debate over it once he gets to read the ideas I have written down. Hehehe... I'm very excited as to how my teacher and my classmates would react to it. Did all my schoolwork from 1PM to 7PM. Whew, 6 hours straight! I rarely get this pleasure of doing schoolwork. I don't look like I'm a student anymore 'coz most of the time I spend in school is spent on chitchatting in the canteen - agree? I guess all of you who know me would say AMEN to that. I feel like a student who has graduated already, but has no job yet... like those free lance hippies that just make tambay with their jobless friends at Bo's Coffee Club doing nothing but talk, talk and talk. Hehehe...

I miss the busy schedule I once had at Ateneo. I barely breathed there. I loved it there, but I don't know what made me do stupid things that sent me back to Cebu. Argh! Hehehe... Maybe I should have gone to La Salle instead, but then again I wouldn't have met my nice friends here in Cebu. And by being here, I get to miss the opportunity of befriending some La Sallites too. Hahay, life... so full of choices, if's and but's.

Does anyone out there wanna swap lives with me? Go ahead, I'm offering a free lifeswap. You thought swapping is for simcards only? Hah, guess again! Hehehe... Till here peeps 'coz my philosophical side is starting to get into me. Good night peeps and enjoy your week.

No comments: