I�m blogging my Sunday afternoon away. I logged on to the net early this morning. I wanted to post a blog, but it was nearing time for mass. Neither did I want to post something half-baked. I just visited your sites. First, I saw Karen�s very artistic site. It keeps on reinventing itself. The pictures are so unique and the colors are so pleasing to the eye. I�m planning to facelift the site again, but have to learn more about HTML yet.
I entered Melvs� site afterwards and couldn�t help but laugh out loud because of the posts in his tag-board. I loved the highly paid and underworked statement. It was a very keen observation on Melvs� part. But I have to admit, what Tiff said was true. "Being old friends isnt reason enuf to discount the possiblity na magka-dayun mo." Some people kinda believe they�d be better off just as friends...nothing more, nothing less.
She^�s question was in Melvs� blog, so I checked out her site next. Read something about why men love beer. Simple really. Some men consider beer as something manly. We seldom hear of real women drinking beer. You might ask, �Why not drink Coke or juice or water while hanging out with friends?� Well, I guess it�s some bonding thing we guys do. It�s more like a statement that you�re as manly as the friends you�re with. Am I making sense here? Can�t explain it really. It�s like women love to shop with her other women friends. Shopping is made more fun with female friends as to night outs are made more fun with beer around. Silly thought of mine really. I don�t like beer in general. It is bitter, fills your stomach faster and it�s cheapo. When high school friends from Ateneo call for reunions especially during the holiday season, I�d prefer to take around 3 to 5 shots of tequila, vodka or gin rather than bottles and cases of beer as most of them do. I never make myself drunk during those night-outs whether I�m driving or not. I just don�t think a guy is a gentleman if he gets himself drunk. Guys are supposed to aid the drunken females, not the other way around. It would be such a shame if it ever happens. I hope this answered your Q She^.
I opened Maia�s site next. Nothing new, so I just tagged� er, totot to just let her know I dropped by. Opened Adrian�s site, nothing new too� just the tags about a girl named� _ _ _ _ y. Bwahahaha� I know the full story of that. Kar, I think Adrian told you what the dream was, so join me in laughing out loud. Hehehe�
I then opened QP and Plum�s sites. Nothing�s new with Mitch�s site. I just read through the vocabulary list to polish my knowledge of it. I then read through Plum The Poet�s site. After reading through, I found a topic to talk about in today�s blog. This is with regard to her January 31, Friday post.
Plum, I read that post while listening to Stephen Speak�s Passenger Seat. It sort of set the mood for what you wrote and it inspired me to blog the reaction you asked for. Let me start off with what Maia posted in her site. �When we were young kids, we couldn�t wait to grow up and fall in love. Now that we�ve grown, we realize that wounded knees are easier to mend than broken hearts.� I could recall one afternoon in the canteen where I had a talk with Edwin. He no longer had classes, but he stayed in the canteen anyway. My class was still 5 hours away. I guess God had plans for that afternoon. I was whining at him about how unfair it is that I was born a guy. Don�t get any thoughts into your head. Hmph�I was telling him how unfair it is for us guys to hurt so much after being rejected by a girl. I wasn�t expecting Edwin to give me a sensible reply, but he surprised me. He surely did. He told me that everything in this world is about balance. The guys get to choose who they want, since they�re the ones who are supposed to make the move. The hard part there is that guys have to endure the pain of being heartbroken should things go sour. The gals, on the other hand, have the power to choose who they want to give their heart to. But this power is limited. He said a girl has to wait for someone to love her and then decide whether to let him in or not. The hard part is that, a girl could just die crushing on a guy and still if the guy does not notice her, no spark will ever happen. I found what Edwin said to be very enlightening. It�s very true and I�m sure most of you would agree to it. If everybody would learn to accept Edwin�s theory then I guess no one will ever get hurt. Problem is, things are easier said than done. I may sound like I�m a Ph.D. on this stuff, but take a good look at what�s happening to me and you�d say my cat is better off than I am. The John Lim who talks principles is very much different from the John Lim in life. A teacher of mine said that it�s the main reason why we have lecture and laboratory classes for certain subjects. Theory is there to guide us, but there�s no such thing as an ideal system. In Physics, we learn about how forces interact, but in real life, outside factors affect measurement, like say air resistance.
Another thing about emotions� Philosophy tells us that man will never be able to fully understand himself. This applies very much to your case, Plum. We can�t be certain about our own emotions, how much more if we were to understand that of others. One thing I�ve learned is that I�d die early if I were to analyze every detail of the things that course through life. Sometimes it�s wiser to let things be and leave them be. Our dreams may be shattered, but I�m sure there will always be that higher dream. I haven�t given up on believing in it.
I wanna share my theories about TIME. I may not explain it the Einstein way, but I believe I can make some sense out of it. We are all bound to time. We are slaves to it. Man devices systems to control and lord over time� units of measurement like seconds, minutes, hours, days, moths, years, eons� clocks, watches, dials, calendars, etc. But no matter how much man tries to control time, he will always be a servant to it. Time determines how long a person lives. It shapes his destiny by plotting the events of his life. Time decides whether a thief gets caught or not. Everything happens at the pace dictated by time. Some of you may marry early, some late, some not at all. Some may get rich quick, some slowly, some not at all. The best things in life are those that happen at the right time. I don�t believe in wrong love. There is no such thing. To love and be loved is the greatest blessing in this world. But no matter how much a man wills the sun to shine, he must wait for the dawn to see it rise.
No comments:
Post a Comment